Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Tiffany Shlain
Born: April 8, 1970
Computer related contributions
- American Internet pioneer, filmmaker, author, and public speaker.
- Founder, CEO and creative director of the Webby Awards, Oscars of the Web (1996).
- She introduced the concept of cloud filmmaking (2011).
- Co-founder of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences.
- Directed, co-wrote and produced Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, a documentary about reproductive rights in America.
- Founded the San Francisco film studio, the Moxie Institute (2005).
- Brain Power: From Neurons to Networks (2012)
- The Tribe: An Unorthodox Discussion Kit (2006)
Honors and awards
- Best Director, Los Angeles Movie Awards (2011)
- Women in Film Award for making "Connected," All Roads Award National Geographic (2011)
- Keynote speaker for UC Berkeley's commencement ceremony (2010)
- Recipient of the UC Berkeley Eisner Award (their highest award in art)
- Henry Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute (2006-2007)
- Appeared on Good Morning America as Webby Awards on-air Internet expert from 2000 – 2003
- Closing speaker for TEDWomen in Los Angeles
"The cool kids have co-opted all the neat stuff ? computers, gadgets, video games. There's no such thing as a computer geek anymore."