Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Vannevar Bush
Born: March 11, 1890, Everett, Massachusetts
Death: June 28, 1974 (Age: 84)
- American engineer known for his work on analog computing and the idea of the memex, an adjustable microfilm viewer that is somewhat analogous to the structure of the World Wide Web.
- As We May Think, Atlantic Monthly (1945).
- Modern Arms and Free Men", a discussion of the role of science in preserving democratic institutions. (1949).
- Pieces of the Action, an examination of science and the state. (1970).
Honors and awards
- Edison Medal (1943).
- Public Welfare Medal (1945).
- National Medal of Science(1963).
"A belief may be larger than a fact."