Updated: 12/30/2019 by Computer Hope
Name: Vinod Khosla
Born: January 28, 1955
- American businessman and billionaire.
- Co-founders of Sun Microsystems, the company that created Java programming language and NFS (network file system).
- First chairman and CEO of Sun Microsystems from 1982 to 1984, when he left the company to become a venture capitalist.
- Starting Up in High Gear: An Interview with Venture Capitalist Vinod Khosla (2009).
- Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization 4:4 (2009).
Honors and awards
- Finalist for the World Technology Award (1999).
"Electric cars are coal-powered cars. Their carbon emissions can be worse than gasoline-powered cars."