Name: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Born: April 14, 1965, in Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Japanese computer scientist and software programmer.
- Known as the lead designer of the Ruby programming language and its reference implementation, Matz's Ruby Interpreter (MRI).
- The Ruby Programming Language (2008).
- Ruby In A Nutshell (2001).
Honors and awards
- Award for the Advancement of Free Software (2011).
- Fellow of Rakuten Institute of Technology.
"I didn't work hard to make Ruby perfect for everyone, because you feel differently from me. No language can be perfect for everyone. I tried to make Ruby perfect for me, but maybe it's not perfect for you. The perfect language for Guido van Rossum is probably Python."