Computer security help and support
Updated: 02/02/2019 by Computer Hope
Computer privacy and security basics
- What is security?
- Full list of computer security-related terms.
- System information script that displays detected information by a browser.
- Computer Hope's privacy statement and legal information.
Top privacy and security questions and answers
- What is Meltdown and Spectre CPU vulnerabilities?
- How to protect yourself while on the Internet.
- How to change a user account to an administrator account in Windows.
- How to prevent unauthorized computer access.
- How do I know what websites I can trust?
- How do I clear my Internet browser history?
- Protecting children from harmful material and people on the Internet.
- How can I be anonymous on the Internet?
Password-related questions and answers
- What is a password?
- How to disable the Windows password prompt.
- Help and information on computer passwords.
- What is a safe way to remember my passwords?
- How do I change my username or password?
- Lost or forgotten Windows password.
- How do I password protect my files and folders in Windows?
- How to clear an unknown BIOS password.
Hack and cracking questions and answers
- What is a hacker?
- Listing of computer hackers.
- How can I hack someone or something?
- How do I become a hacker?
- Why do people hack computers?
- How do I know if my computer was hacked?
- Brain dump definition and related information and links.
- Where do I find crackz, hackz, and scriptz?
- Where can I find abandonware and game emulators?
- Is file sharing or torrents illegal or legal?
- Where can I get pirated software?
- Help my Twitter account was hacked.
- Help my Facebook page was hacked.
- What should I do if I've been hacked?
- How to protect my webcam from being hacked.
Antivirus and virus-related questions and answers
- What is an antivirus?
- What is a virus?
- How do I create a computer virus?
- All antivirus and virus-related questions and answers.
Other privacy and security-related questions
- Is Facebook safe?
- How do I disable the firewall program installed on my computer?
- How do you know if an account is real or fake?
- How do you know if a news story is fake news?
- Is watching TV for free on the Internet legal?
- Is online banking safe?
- How can I find people online?
- How can I help prevent people from finding me online?
- Steps in preventing computer theft or making it less painful.
- What can I do if my computer or laptop was stolen or lost?
- Can I get a virus from Facebook or MySpace?
- Does Microsoft call about a computer being infected with a virus?
- How to add a website as a trusted site.
- How do I write-protect files and folders?
- Should I disable the Windows Firewall if I install another one?
- How can I tell if a CD or DVD is fake?
- How to clear Microsoft Windows most recent Documents.
- Disable programs from showing in My Documents or Documents in Windows.
- I've lost my unique identification number can you give me one?
- If I have a firewall, do I need an antivirus?
- How can I securely delete computer file?
- How do I use the Computer Hope process tool?
- How do I use Trend Micro HijackThis?
- What is Whagent?
- How to remove DSO exploit.
E-mail questions and answers
- What is e-mail?
- How can I prevent SPAM?
- Help my e-mail address was hacked.
- Can a web page get my e-mail address or other personal information?
- All e-mail-related questions and answers.
Internet questions and answers
- What is the Internet?
- How do I disable or delete Internet cookies?
- How to delete autocomplete history.
- How to delete personal information about myself on the Internet.
- All Internet-related questions and answers.