Computer security help and support
Updated: 11/06/2021 by Computer Hope
Computer privacy and security basics
- What is computer security?
- Full list of computer security-related terms.
- System information script that displays detected information by a browser.
- Computer Hope's privacy statement and legal information.
Top privacy and security questions and answers
- What is Meltdown and Spectre CPU vulnerabilities?
- How to protect yourself while on the Internet.
- How to change a user account to an administrator account.
- How to prevent unauthorized computer access.
- How do I know what websites I can trust?
- How to clear Internet browser history.
- Protect children from harmful material and people on the Internet.
- How to be anonymous on the Internet.
Password-related questions and answers
- What is a password?
- How to disable the Windows password prompt.
- Help and information on computer passwords.
- What is a safe way to remember my passwords?
- How to remove your phone's passcode.
- How to change a username or password.
- How to reset a lost or forgotten Windows password.
- How to password protect files and folders in Windows.
- How to clear an unknown BIOS or CMOS password.
Hack and cracking questions and answers
- What is a hacker?
- Listing of computer hackers.
- How to hack someone or something.
- How to become a hacker.
- Why do people hack computers?
- How to know if a computer was hacked.
- Brain dump definition and related information and links.
- Where do I find crackz, hackz, and scriptz?
- Where can I find abandonware and game emulators?
- Is file sharing or torrents illegal or legal?
- Where can I get pirated software?
- Help my Twitter account was hacked.
- What to do if your Facebook account is hacked.
- What should I do if I've been hacked?
- How to protect my webcam from being hacked.
Antivirus and virus-related questions and answers
- What is an antivirus?
- What is a virus?
- How to create a computer virus.
- Computer antivirus and virus help and support.
Other privacy and security-related questions
- Is Facebook safe?
- How to disable the firewall program installed on my computer.
- How to know if an account is real or fake.
- How to know if a news story is fake news.
- Is watching TV for free on the Internet legal?
- Is online banking safe?
- How to find people online.
- How to help prevent people from finding me online.
- Steps in preventing computer theft or making it less painful.
- What can I do if my computer or laptop was lost or stolen?
- Can I get a virus from Facebook or MySpace?
- Does Microsoft call about my computer virus infections?
- How to add a website as a trusted site.
- How to write-protect files and folders.
- Do I disable the Windows Firewall if I install another one?
- How to tell if a CD or DVD is fake.
- How to clear Microsoft Windows most recent Documents.
- How to stop My Documents or Documents from showing.
- How to export and import browser login information.
- How to get a new unique identification number if lost.
- If I have a firewall, do I need an antivirus?
- How to securely delete a computer file.
- How to use the Computer Hope process tool.
- How to use Trend Micro HijackThis.
- What is Whagent?
- How to remove DSO exploit.
E-mail questions and answers
- What is e-mail?
- How to stop spam.
- Help my e-mail address was hacked.
- Can a web page get my e-mail address or personal information?
- E-mail help and support.
Internet questions and answers
- What is the Internet?
- How to enable, disable, view, or delete Internet cookies.
- How to delete autocomplete history.
- How to delete personal information about myself on the Internet.
- Internet help and support.