Computer directory and folder help and support
Updated: 06/02/2020 by Computer Hope
Computer directory and folder basics
- What is a directory?
- What is a folder?
- How to create a directory or folder.
- How to delete a file, directory, or folder.
- How to copy a directory or folder.
- What is the difference between a directory and a folder?
Top directory and folder questions and answers
- How to change or rename a file, folder, or directory.
- How to determine the size of a file or folder.
- How to recover missing, lost, or deleted files.
- How to password protect files and folders in Windows.
- How to organize and arrange computer files.
- How to change a directory or open a folder.
All other directory and folder related questions
- How to move files and folders on the computer.
- How to count how many files are in a folder or directory.
- How to hide a file or folder in Windows.
- How to share a folder or directory in Windows.
- How to find a file or folder in MS-DOS or Windows command line.
- Why do I have two Program Files folders?
- How to e-mail a folder.
- How to open the Windows My Documents or Documents folder.
- How to clear your Downloads folder.
- How to write-protect files and folders.
- How to open an encrypted file or folder.
- Tips on creating custom folder icons.
- How to select or highlight multiple files and folders.