How to make Windows programs open as full screen
By default, Windows opens it's programs in a "Normal" window size, meaning its dimensions won't fill the entire screen. While users may easily maximize the window's size by clicking the middle icon in the upper right-hand corner, many don't like having to repeat the action every time they start a program. To force Windows to open a program in full-screen mode proceed through the steps in the following section.
- Right-click on any Windows shortcut and click Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab (as shown below).
- Locate the Run: section, and then click the down arrow on the right-hand side.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, choose Maximized.
- Click Apply, and then OK. The program should now open in a full window.