How to make Windows programs open as full screen
By default, Windows opens it's programs in a "Normal" window size, meaning its dimensions won't fill the entire screen. While users may easily maximize the window's size by clicking the middle icon in the upper right-hand corner, many don't like having to repeat the action every time they start a program. To force Windows to open a program in full-screen mode, proceed through the steps below.
Note: The following steps only work for a Windows program shortcut. It will not work for a non-shortcut icon.
- Right-click on any Windows program shortcut and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab (as shown below).
- Locate the Run: section, and then click the down arrow on the right-hand side.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, choose Maximized.
- Click Apply, and then OK. The program should now open in a full window.