Determine last modified date of a web page
Many web pages do not list the last date and time they were updated, modified, or changed. This information can be determined by using one of the suggestions in the following sections.
Perform Google search
- Open the web page for which you'd like the last modified date.
- Copy everything after the last forward slash.
- Paste what you just copied into a Google search, or the Omnibox at the top of your browser, and then press Enter.
- At the top of your search results, you should see the date that indicates the last time the page was modified or updated.
Although this site will not give you an exact modified date, it should give you a general idea. Also, it allows you to view the history of a page, even if it is offline. Visit the Internet Archive, and then enter the URL of the page in question into their search bar.
- See our modify and web page definitions for further information and related links on these terms.