Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound On Windows Vista Home Premium  (Read 3890 times)

angel2011

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    No Sound On Windows Vista Home Premium
    « on: June 22, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »
    I have installed Windows Vista Home Premium some hours ago. After that, I installed my driver. However, I am not getting sound. So I did the following procedures:

1/ Checked if mute or not, but nothing was mute.
    2/ Checked if volume is down, but volume was up.
    3/ Checked if the jack has been plugged properly, again, everything was set properly.
    4. I updated the driver, again, no sound.
    5/ Tried Microsoft Fix It, again no problem detected.
    6/ Went on device manager, no problem, the sound card is being detected correctly.

My motherboard is ASUS P5KPL-CM with onboard VIA sound card.

The back panels on my motherboard are, lime, black, pink, blue, black and violet in colors. I had Windows XP before, and I used the lime color one for my speaker cable. On Vista also I am doing the same. It should work, but why I am not having sound?

IM TIRED....HELP!

View some screenshots attached....

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

truenorth

Guru

Re: No Sound On Windows Vista Home Premium
      « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
      As i am sure you are aware you have not only installed an operating system you have changed the operating system. I would like you to read the information contained in the following link and ensure that you did EVERYTHING and in the order indicated.
      http://techie-buzz.com/tips-and-tricks/top-10-checklist-after-reinstallation-of-os.html
      truenorth