Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: World of Warcraft - Level 60 Holy Paladin - 25% mana pool issue  (Read 25859 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
So I opened up a ticket with Blizzard Support regarding an issue with my Paladin and they responded with:

Dear Dave,

The status of your Customer Support ticket #xxxxxxxx has changed to “Answered.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
<http://us.battle.net/support/ticket/thread/xxxxxxxx>

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Greetings,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  There are a few things that could be causing the problems you are describing.  Please try the following steps to fix this (log into battle.net support page to use the links):

01. Be sure you have all the available updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

02. Be sure you have the latest video, sound, network card, DirectX and motherboard drivers. More information on identifying your video and sound driver versions can be found at: www.blizzard.com/support/article/21137

Drivers should be available from the manufacturer's website for each individual component. Motherboard drivers will be available on your motherboard or system manufacturer's site. It is important that you follow all precautions given by your motherboard manufacturer when updating drivers or firmware. Links to manufacturers' web sites can be found at: www.blizzard.com/support/article/21124

03. Wipe your user interface (again if you had done so prior to performing steps one and two.) This time please also go into the DATA Directory and delete the CACHE folder  you find there. Detailed Interface reset instructions can be found here: www.blizzard.com/support/article/20377.  If you are using Curse Client or Wowmatrix, please uninstall it prior to doing these steps.

04. Latency can also caus this problem.  Most such issues can be resolved by the steps found here:  http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21010

If that does not resolve your issue, in order to troubleshoot this issue further for you, I will need to collect some diagnostic information about your computer and your game error files.

-Go to <http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/22660>, gather your DXDIAG and MSINFO and attach the txt file to your reply.

-Go to <http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/29565>, gather your error logs and attach them as txt files to your reply.

-Go to <http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20628>, run a Trace Route as suggested and attach the txt file to your reply

We will be happy to look into this further :)

What does the “Answered” status mean?
- A ticket in “Answered” status means that a Customer Support representative has provided an answer to your ticket.

What can I do next?
- You can click “Need More Help” in-game, after you view the in-game response.
- Or, you can choose the “I still have a problem” option on the ticket detail page. Please note that if you choose this option, your in-game ticket will be converted into a web ticket. It will no longer be viewable in game, but will be visible on the Blizzard Customer Support web site instead.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please log in to the Blizzard Customer Support web site at <http://www.battle.net/support/> and reply to the ticket.

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

If you no longer wish to receive these automatic responses from Blizzard, click here to unsubscribe: <https://www.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html>

So the problem I am having as I reported to them is that every time I logon to my level 60 Paladin named Foxina on Steamwheedle Cartel my mana starts at 1000 and has to regenerate to 4400. In addition to this every time I take a portal, ship, hearth, or enter into a random dungeon upon the screen switching to the new area with my character in it my mana pool drops from 4400 to 1000 and has to take time to regenerate. This wasn't a problem at first as for by the time I got into combat as PVE play my mana pool would have reached the 4400 and so everything was fine... but the biggest issue is trying to heal a random group when everyone appears and the tank runs off and I only have 1000 mana to heal the group with. I shouldnt have to tell the group, hold on 10 seconds please while I drink or use a mana potion to bring it back to 100% at 4400 each time I enter a random.

Blizzards response seems like they dont know the exact cause, but they are suggesting its something at my end. Or, this was an automated scripted reponse that their system sent me and thats why it is as indirect to the real problem.

Initially I asked if this was a bug, and confirmed with others in game who have holy paladins that they dont have this issue. I then suggested to Blizzard that it must be something at their end such as the field in the database has a value that may be acting as a read only field so upon loging on, hearthing, taking portals or ships, or entering an instance the game client is requesting the last recorded mana pool value which is 1000. I told them that I have 3 computers and they all are experiencing this issue. Looked for a repair tool that use to be available and Blizzard removed it at some point.  The last thing I did was delete the entire World of Warcraft game from 1 of the 3 systems and downloaded a new clean copy of the game client from Blizzard directly. Then launched the game clean without any addons and the problem remained.

*Anyone have any ideas of what it can be at my end when its 3 computers all showing same problem, and one of them has been reinstalled with WoW?

Here is the list of the 3 systems tested for this problem:

Computer #1

Biostar A960D+ AM3+  Motherboard
Athlon II x4 620 2.6Ghz AM3 95Watt CPU
Crucial 8 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 ( with latest drivers )
500GB SATA II HDD
40GB SATA II Corsair SSD
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

Computer #2

Biostar MCP6PB M2+  AM2+ Motherboard
Athlon x2 4450B 2.3Ghz AM2 45 Watt CPU
Corsair XMS2 4GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz ( Win 7 32 bit 3GB )
ATI Radeon HD5450 512MB DDR2 ( with latest drivers )
500GB SATA II HDD
90GB OCZ Vertex 3 SATA III running as SATA II SSD
Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium

Computer #3

ASUS Motherboard Socket 775
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz CPU
2GB DDR2 667Mhz Corsair
GeForce 9800GT 1GB DDR2 (with latest drivers)
160GB HDD
30GB OCZ SATA II SSD
Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium

*From these 3 systems there is nothing installed the same in common with all 3 other than Microsoft Security Essentials. Everything else is different between the group of 3 computers. So it cant be a driver issue since I have tested nVidia GeForce and AMD ATI graphics, tested against both AMD and Intel CPUs, tested against Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit ( both of which are fully updated to latest security updates ), and I have no latency issues as a suggested cause by blizz response to ticket.

Also to mention this Paladin is the only caster with this issue. I have tested my Resto Druid, and Shadow Priest and they have 100% mana through transitions in the game while this Paladin is the only character with this problem.

Any suggestions on what to test greatly appreciated.... One thing I am going to test tonight is to create another Paladin on this same realm to test apples to apples and point the finger back at it being a problem at Blizzards side if one Paladin doesnt have this issue and the other does have this issue. There will be a large level gap, but if there is a 75% mana loss to Paladins and its at my end, then this test character should also experience this same problem as Foxina has.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: World of Warcraft - Level 60 Holy Paladin - 25% mana pool issue
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:43:28 AM »
I've never played WoW, but from your description I can't see this being anything on your end causing the problem.  Their response sounds like an automated reply to me.
You've tried multiple PCs and reinstalling the game - I don't see what else could be causing it.
The only thing I didn't see in your post, was when the issue started, and whether anything changed (either on your end, or in the game such as a patch) before the issue started.

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
Thanks for looking this over and agreeing that it must not be something at my end. I got a response from a real person today and sharing it here so others who might have this issue who find it through google will know the fix.

There is a Bug in the game with a Glyph of Illumination that is causing this. So the problem is on Blizzards side!!!

For those who are unfamiliar with WoW, Glyphs add choices to character builds, some change values making some ability stronger, while taking away from another ability of lesser importance, some are purely beneficial such as dropping a cool down from 2 minutes to 1 minute for an ability to become available again, as well as there are minor Glyphs that when applied to your talent tree composition simply make you no longer require a material such as corpse dust to be able to create ghoul minions with your death knight, or instead of polymorphing everything into sheep as a mage, a minor glyph will polymorph the enemy into a turtle or penguin. The Turtle polymorph really confused me the one night in the game because I took a shortcut through a narrow path in Stormwind and where there are always 3 rats spawned sniffing and moving around in this passage, I found 3 turtles instead. I  did a /2 (Global Trade Channel chat command that all players in cities can read and answer to) and asked the trade channel if anyone knew why these 3 rats were turtles instead, and someone replied with a mage or group of mages with a minor glyph to polymorph as turtles did that for fun. I thought it was a bug in the game, but it was intentional!

Here is Blizzards response:

Dear Dave,

The status of your Customer Support ticket #xxxxxxxx has changed to “Answered.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
<http://us.battle.net/support/ticket/thread/xxxxxxxx>

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Greetings,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I had the same issue, it's a bugged glyph. It's the Glyph of Illumination. Basically it causes you to load in with the base mana, before counting in stats or any other bonuses. It's annoying, I know. My main is a Paladin. Remove the glyph and it should stop happening. Our devs are working on fixing it, but for the time being, just remove it. I do apologize for the inconvience and for any frustration that this may cause you. And believe me, I understand as it happend to me too.   

Once I respond to your ticket the issue will show as ?Resolved?. This does not mean the issue is closed only that we have responded. Please do not hesitate to reply if you have any additional issues, questions or concerns. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

Take care,

Timothy R
    Customer Support
    Blizzard Entertainment

1-800-592-5499 Hours: 10 am - 6 pm Pacific Time

What does the “Answered” status mean?
- A ticket in “Answered” status means that a Customer Support representative has provided an answer to your ticket.

What can I do next?
- You can click “Need More Help” in-game, after you view the in-game response.
- Or, you can choose the “I still have a problem” option on the ticket detail page. Please note that if you choose this option, your in-game ticket will be converted into a web ticket. It will no longer be viewable in game, but will be visible on the Blizzard Customer Support web site instead.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please log in to the Blizzard Customer Support web site at <http://www.battle.net/support/> and reply to the ticket.

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

If you no longer wish to receive these automatic responses from Blizzard, click here to unsubscribe: <https://www.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html>

I guess I will be removing this glyph that is causing improper mana calculations which reset to base bare minimum without other stats calculated in, upon every screen load of the game. Hopefully this will be resolved as soon as next Tuesdays Maintenance period/minor patch.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »
That's pretty cool, nice response there from Blizzard.  At least you know what's causing it now, and that confirms your earlier thoughts (and my own) that it couldn't have been something to do with your PC or connection, but rather a bug with the game or server.

Esprenaltro

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 04:47:50 AM »
    I've never played WoW, but from your description I can't see this being anything on your end causing the problem.  Their response sounds like an automated reply to me.
    You've tried multiple PCs and reinstalling the game - I don't see what else could be causing it.
    The only thing I didn't see in your post, was when the issue started, and whether anything changed (either on your end, or in the game such as a patch) before the issue started.

Yea the blizzard support is really not all that useful at all.

Recently I had problems in hearthstone and their answers really seem to be CTRL+C CTRL+V. :(