Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Cannot Change The Volume On iMac OS X 10.7.5 At All!  (Read 5939 times)

Whitebeard1

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    I Cannot Change The Volume On iMac OS X 10.7.5 At All!
    « on: October 22, 2013, 04:55:55 AM »
    My iMac has been running fine for about 3 years now. A great device it had been, helped me a lot with my work. But right after I updated my device to OS X 10.7.5, I cannot change the volume at all!  :-\

When I press on the F11 or F12 button for the volume control, the volume bar shows. The volume bar is always full, but a little cross shows below the volume bar, and I cannot change the volume. Also although the sound bar is full, there is absolutely no sound at all! ???
    I tried to change the volume in "System Setting". The is an option the change it, but it is also greyed out.
    I found that some other users also got this problem when they updated to OS X 10.7.5, but I found no useful answers.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

Whitebeard1

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: I Cannot Change The Volume On iMac OS X 10.7.5 At All!
      « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:14:59 PM »
      Hello. My Mac is still stuck like that. And I can't hear any sound from my Mac, which is very annoying. Anyone got a solution yet? Thanks.
      Whitebeard1
      Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.