Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ZeroAccess Botnet - Found this in todays e-mail from ZoneAlarm  (Read 3449 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
ZeroAccess Botnet - Found this in todays e-mail from ZoneAlarm. Strange that it was posted on 6/18/2014, and just finally got it in e-mail from ZoneAlarm on 7/29/2014. But since the potential threat still remains I figured I'd post to share this.

http://www.zonealarm.com/blog/2014/06/zeroaccess-botnet-is-it-preparing-its-next-attack/

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: ZeroAccess Botnet - Found this in todays e-mail from ZoneAlarm
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:04 AM »
DaveLembke, goo tip. Thanks.

The end of the article  talks abut prevention. It seems  you have to click on something to get infected. So the prevent is to be very careful.
Prevention:
Similar to social engineering, think before you click. That email notifying you of suspicious activity with your bank account may send you into panic mode, but that is exactly what cyber criminals are banking on. Avoid clicking on links or attachments in emails from unknown senders. Even if the sender is someone you know, check to see if the email is something they actually sent. It could be that their email account had been compromised.

Personally, if I had a lot of money, which I don't,  it would be with a firm that will talk to me on the phone and not via e-mail. I think on-line banking is very risky.