Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Registry Tweaks help  (Read 4079 times)

nolanvode

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Registry Tweaks help
    « on: August 23, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »
    Hi,

XP sp3

I use NoteTab Lite text editor.  If I associate it with .reg files, "Merge" & "Edit with Registrar" are removed from the context menu.  Also, "Print", which I have tried to remove from all context menus, is added back on.

I want to edit/open reg files with a double click, and import them into the registry with "Merge" only

I want to remove "Print", as I mentioned, but having trouble doing it with word/excel docs, .log, .html, .txt, etc

Tried to use the attached file (changed to .txt for attachment).  Thought it worked at first but no. 

If I can get this done, I would like to remove "Edit" from all context menus as well.

thx

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Registry Tweaks help
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 03:50:38 PM »
    Are you making a Kiosk? If so there are tools out there to remove features to limit what people can do with it.

nolanvode

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Registry Tweaks help
      « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 05:51:52 PM »
      Are you making a Kiosk?

No.  As far as "print", "edit", etc., its just a matter or uncluttering a busy context menu.  I think I found my answer for this issus by using ShellMenuView

I don't want my system to be able to trigger a reg file by simply clicking on it, but use that action for editing, and I like the option of being able to access the registry the way "Edit with Registrar" allows me to do.  I still need help with this one