Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bionicle ( 2003 ) - Trying to figure out why it wont take keyboard macro input  (Read 3889 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
So, I bought this game called Bionicle for $3.00 at a 2nd hand shop. Loaded the game with no problems to my Windows 7 64-bit system. Played the game and its not an easy game. Found that is I spammed the V key I can shield myself pretty well from the attacks, but my fingers were getting tired with having to hit the V key like 2 x per second. So I said why dont i make a keyboard macro and have that running for the V key to be struck frequently without me having to get finger fatigue.

I have used keyboard macros in the past for some games where I needed to spam some keys etc, and those games it worked out perfect. For some reason the macro with this game doesnt take the V key from the macro, so I am not sure if the game has an anti cheat built into it that blocks keyboard macros ( or ) if the keyboard macro isnt compatible with passing the V keystrokes to the game for some reason?

I am thinking there is an incompatibility with getting the V keys to the game, but not sure why? Anyone have any ideas or work around suggestions to pass keystrokes to a game from a macro to save me from finger fatigue?

Attached is a pic of the software I use JitBit Macro Recorder that is a great program for making quick macros that work with just about everything. You can compile these macros as exe's too to run stand alone on another computer that doesnt even have this software installed, so i used it a lot back at my prior IT job when having to roll out changes to  hundreds of systems that were the same build, I just had to run through the process on 1 PC and record the process and then compile it to an EXE and then bring the macro with me on a thumb drive and execute it on the systems and sit back and watch the mouse pointer come to life and keystrokes appear on the computer with the computer acting just as if you were physically typing and using the mouse.

This macro for spamming the V key is just 4 lines, and I set the key delay to 100ms manually. When exiting the game the V key is still spamming and so before launching the compiled macro, I always create a batch file with taskkill /im macroname.exe to be able to point and click to kill the macro since sometimes the hotkey doesnt work to exit the loop with the keyboard controls flooded with a spammed key etc.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]