Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8 Crashes.. Windows stopped working  (Read 5048 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows 8 Crashes.. Windows stopped working
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »
Greetings CH,

I recently installed a fresh install of windows 8.1 on my macbook and every time i access the secondary macintosh partition (OSX partition) the system crashes. I've googled the issue and many reported this issue when windows first was released and suggest to update windows. When i go to control panel to update setting and update, it says there are 40 updates lined up and ready to go. When i click install updates the system will say downloading but it never starts the download of the updates.

Here is the problem detail:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8021ae19399, 0xffffd00191d63f20, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: .

I was wondering if someone can help me sort the issue of why i cant update. This is legit windows 8.1 that i installed from a burned DVD. The university i attend gives me access to a variety of windows software and it is all legal as the school pays for it.

khoiluong94

• Experience: Familiar
    Re: Windows 8 Crashes.. Windows stopped working
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:34:23 AM »
    Hey there,

You may install by parallel windows into your macbook.
    The program's name is VMware. You should download the latest version, then try to reset up windows 8 again into you Macbook. I tried this before. It worked very well.

Make sure your RAM at least 4GB, hard drive at least 500GB and intel at least corei3
    You can contact me if you have any other questions. I am happy to answer you !

Good luck with school !

Best.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows 8 Crashes.. Windows stopped working
    « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
    I said i installed in via Bootcamp. Meaning i installed it side by side. I appreciate you trying to help, but it seems you arnt seeing my issue and you are completely missing the point.

My macbook is a white plastic one from 2007. It has a T7500 Core 2 Duo running at 2.2Ghz with a 4mb L2 Cache. It has 4 GB of Ram and a 240GB Kingston solid state. I really dont know why you listed off specifications that are not the min requirements for windows. My other IBM system has a Much slower CPU an intel C2D 4300 2mb cache and it flies with windows 7. And thats slower then the current Pentium series CPU. Im also running 2Gb of Ram. So where you got these preffered specs i have no idea.

I dont want a to use Vmware because i want to dual boot, i do not wish to use a Virtual machine as it sucks my battery life out and i need full performance in windows.

AGAIN. I appreciate the help, but you havent helped you just posted me to do it a different way, a way i dont want to proceed with.

Thanks