Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: In Game problems  (Read 5488 times)

SoulVibes

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    In Game problems
    « on: April 12, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
    Hello, i recently bought a decent computer with a i5 4460, asus ge force gtx 760, 8gb of ram etc i can play pretty much every games on ultra/high for exemple i play league of legends with 300 fps but the image doesn't run smooth, and sometimes it seems like it's lagging does anyone know what should i do for the image runs with 60 frames ?

Thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: In Game problems
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 12:06:39 PM »
    Do you have anything else going on while gaming. Any multitasking such as youtube playing music videos or facebook open and minimized etc, or is this happening with just the game running?

You might be hitting the upper limit of the i5 CPU with the video card cranked up that high for 300 fps, if you lower the settings some you might find a better performance with possibly no noticable impact to gameplay and it will smooth over the stutter / lag.

Other causes for problems like this are if you are overclocking in any way, you can get tripped up timings. For example I went for maximum overclock of my old gaming system and it was stable with 12% overclock, but games would have a surge and stutter to them. I lowered my overclock to 10% and the games ran smooth. The surging and fraction of a second stutter was gone.

I have also seen systems with cheap RAM or mismatched RAM stutter games. Is this a single stick or a matched pair, as well as what make/model of memory is used?

I had a problem years ago with World of Warcraft having occasional framerate lag and stutters. A friend of mine asked what I was running for memory and I said 1GB which was plenty of memory at the time. And he said no... what brand. I said it was a single stick of PNY memory from Staples. He gave me a Corsair 1GB stick and said try this instead. I swapped out the single RAM stick and whalla... problem was resolved! When it comes to memory I no longer buy the cheap sticks. I gave him his stick back and bought a pair of Corsair XMS2 sticks, and upgraded to 2GB of RAM... this was back in 2009 when 2GB was plenty. Now days I feel that 4GB is bare minimum for gaming since the 64 bit OS wants about 2GB of it.

SoulVibes

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »
      It's only the game open and i've a Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:25:32 PM »
      What are you running for motherboard make/model? Any overclocking of the CPU or GPU or running native/normal clock?

RAM looks good, good quality. You can run memtest86 on them to make sure the pair are a good teamed pair if you like.

SoulVibes

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
        How do i do that?

And it's all with factury setting i didn't boost anything

my specs are:Western Digital Black 1TB SATA III 64MB
        Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB
        Drive DVD-RW Asus 24X
        XFX Pro 550W Core Edition
        Motherboard Asus H97-PLUS
        Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz 6MB Sk1150
        Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5

I'm currently saving some money to add more 2x4 ram and a ssd

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 06:51:09 PM »
        I'd run CPU-Z and make sure the RAM is 1600 and not running at 1333. A friend of mine had that happen to his Core i7. He had to go into BIOS and mess with XMP. If your RAM is running 1600 then your all set with the setting then.

Memtest86 can be downloaded from here and burned to disc or a bootable flash device if you dont want to burn a disc, if you want to check your RAM for health status: http://www.memtest86.com/

Thanks for providing all system related info for the build. All parts look to be good quality so hopefully its maybe something like 1600 RAM running at 1333 like my one friend had. It hurt his performance until it was fixed.

SoulVibes

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
          Sorry i was out of this forum for a while and just saw your reply now, thank you for the tip :b