Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP Windows created a huge system reserved partition (35.7 GB) on my SSD  (Read 6455 times)

elliniaaa

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Hello, I own a Sandisk sdssdp-128g-g25 and I cloned my windows install with Easeus.
    I have discovered today that Windows created F: (System Reserved) on my SSD that is 35.7GB.
    How do I delete the partition or at least reduce the allocated space?
    http://gyazo.com/c5de9ff7312ff8c1a4d0fa73baea3812 image of my drives

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    From HDD to  SSD?
    The standard Easeus partition tool was not made for SSD.  But you did not say which tool and what method  you used. The fact that you got a huge recovery partition suggests  you did a misstep.Did you read over information about how to migrated the Windows OS  to Solid State Drive?
    They have a forum you could have checked.
    http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t=22119
    One poster there suggests it is better to install the OS directly to the SSD and later install the application programs to either SSD or HDD as desired. IMO that is a safer choice.  8)

elliniaaa

Topic Starter

Starter

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      That reference looks good. Here is a equate:
      In step three, you'll want to click on your Windows partition and clone only that to the SSD instead of cloning the entire disk. Cloning the entire disk would bring all your partitions over, which you won't likely have room for.
      It seems that is what you did.

elliniaaa

Topic Starter

Starter

Oh darn, so I wasn't supposed to pull all the partition over? I didn't realize that when I cloned it and also cloned the system reserved partition.
        1. What should I do now? (other than a clean install because I formatted that already)
        2. What causes a 350mb partition to jump into a 35.7GB partition? When I first installed it, C: was a complete partition over the SSD.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        Resize the partitions with EaseUS Partition Master, MiniTool Partition Wizard or Aomei Partition Assistant.