Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to save $500 on Dell 5000 laptop  (Read 3680 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
How to save $500 on Dell 5000 laptop
« on: September 23, 2015, 12:02:51 PM »
This is news to me. I found it during a search for good deals on Dell laptops.  Extrem Tech web site has a promo code that they say will get you $500 of a new Dell 14 or 15 inch 5000 laptop. The laptop is loaded with the stuff people want. It is both a touchscreen and a keyboard thing.

Here is the link to the web site.
Dell Inspiron 15 5000 touchscreen laptop for $330
Normally, this configuration retails for about 850 bucks, but Dell is selling it directly on its online store for $379.99 right now. Better yet, you can use coupon code “H94WP3J8BQJ49T” in your shopping cart, and save an additional $50. And since shipping is free, you’re only paying $329.99 for this superb laptop.

Moderator: If this is not news, move it somewhere.
No, I do NOT work for Dell.

Anybody please check this out to see if it is true or not.

DaveLembke

Sage
Re: How to save $500 on Dell 5000 laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:03:24 AM »
Normally, this configuration retails for about 850 bucks, but Dell is selling it directly on its online store for $379.99 right now. Better yet, you can use coupon code “H94WP3J8BQJ49T” in your shopping cart, and save an additional $50. And since shipping is free, you’re only paying $329.99 for this superb laptop.

Looks like a $50 savings vs $500

$50 is nothing special  :-\

I took the hook at $500 until I saw the typo, thought maybe they were cleaning out an excess of higher end Dells at a bargain price  ;D

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:12:15 AM »
I am sorry I posed that:-[

I repeant for posting an link that was not updated by the author. My bad.
At one time Dell did have an offer for that configuration. They the sold out. How do you sell out of something you still have? The Dell 5000 convertible laptop is still being advertised for sale. Just different configurations.  The sale model was a i3 Intel, not the i5 or i7. Is it that had to get more i3 chips?

Other deep discounts and just now dried up. This might be due to economic pressures now in Europe and Japan. The US dollar is moving ahead, so there is a disparity that favors price increases in the USA.  Don't ask me to explain that, somebody else said that.

Deep discounts will not come back until early 2016. Someday else said that.

Again, I apologize for posting materiel that became out of date. I stumped across this while looking for deals on Dell laptops.
And like you say, the current discounts are not much. Whether Dell or Acer or any other major maker.

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Deep discounts will not come back until early 2016. Someday else said that.

I always shop for over the counter computer or online order computer purchases around Black Friday ( Christmas ) sales. However the last 2 years of Black Friday tech sales weren't that impressive. Last year I picked up 4 qty of 16GB thumb drives for $4.99 each that were PNY brand that were otherwise like $8.99 at staples. The flyer brought me in there with that deal, but nothing else that they had was a bargain, and I didnt drive out of my way to get them on any special trip because its between work and home. About 3 years ago I picked up a normally $349.99 ASUS Laptop for $279.99 which I felt was worth it at that price tag, however its not a top of the line laptop as for it only has a Celeron 1000M 1.8Ghz but it actually runs games better than the 2009 model Toshiba Satellite that I had prior with Athlon II M300 2.0Ghz due to more modern GPU.

Additionally stores like BestBuy had a laptop for $199.99 and people camped outside the store over night to run in and grab those. I personally value my warm bed and sleep far greater than spending all night outside of a store in 20 F to walk in and try to save $100 on a low end laptop, and sleep the rest of my day away or be fatigued.  The worst part was that the laptops advertised to bait and bring people in, the store only had 2 of them, so there were lots of angry people from what i was told by a guy I know who works there. People wanted rain checks on them and they were while supplies last only.

While supplies last is a marketing trick to get you there, bait you with that carrot and say oops sorry we only had 2 carrots and the mob of 200 people was ..ahem.. unexpected, and since your already here why dont we sell you something else instead since you wanted one of those anyways and we have other models with far lesser savings.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 01:42:59 PM »
For what its worth.
Here is a review of current top Laptops and prices:
The 12 best laptops you can buy in 2015
Also for UK:
Best budget tablets 2015 UK - PC Advisor
Note that 1 British Pound equals
1.52 US Dollar.
The first thing that you need to get your head around is that for less than £200 you’re not going to get a tablet that is going to compete with the iPad
So that would be $304 on this side of the pond.  8)