Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Low FPS While Gaming (Certain Games Like League Of Legends)  (Read 4823 times)

CrypticMaverick

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Low FPS While Gaming (Certain Games Like League Of Legends)
    « on: September 27, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
    Hello, guys!

I'm here requesting help for a friend, (an actual friend) who has low fps while they're gaming.
    It started yesterday during League of Legends. First and foremost the specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Manchester 90mm Technology
    RAM: 2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR @ 198MHz (3-3-3-8)
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. Amberine M (Socket 939)
    Graphics: HP w1707 (1440x900@60Hz), 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (XFX Pine Group)
    Storage: 232 GB Seagate ST3250410AS ATA DEVICE (SATA)
    Optical Drives: IDE-DVD DROM216 ATA Device, LITE-ON DVDRW SHw-160h6S ATA DEVICE
    Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio

The Situation
    A few days ago the internet had been off. (Nothing to do with it just background information). When it returned. My friend installed
    some windows updates. The updates crashed but the PC was still on. My friend restarted the computer and received two blue screens. They tried to do a system restore but it could not be restored to an earlier point, (something prevented it).
    Later on once my friend got into windows it said it was restored to a previous version.

Now the problem persists.
    My friend had an average FPS in most games. However now it has been reduced to Five or a One and they can no longer receive windows updates. They're neither downloading nor installing the windows updates. Troubleshooting/Fixes did not help.

P.S The temperatures seem relatively cool (40 degrees Celsius) the highest temperatures were the CPU with 48 Degrees and Graphics with 61 Degrees.

Please, if you can. Offer some advice. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

Cryptic.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Low FPS While Gaming (Certain Games Like League Of Legends)
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:24:46 AM »
    New Clean Install of Windows 7 32-bit
    Clean installation of nVidia driver

The system specs are weak, so LoL probably wont play the best on this hardware to begin with. Surprised that it actually was playing in a manner that was acceptable prior to windows update system corruption mess.

Might want to run crystaldiskinfo on the drive too to make sure its healthy. A dying drive can cause game lag and performance loss with data seek delays and virtual memory problems. This system with just 2GB RAM is pretty dependent on Virtual Memory for gaming.

CrypticMaverick

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Low FPS While Gaming (Certain Games Like League Of Legends)
      « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »
      I shall check this out.