Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adware remover used and now I can access the internet.  (Read 3609 times)

O-BEAST84

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Adware remover used and now I can access the internet.
    « on: October 03, 2015, 12:57:55 AM »
    I used an adware remover program on my lap top and after I was done I can no longer access the internet on that computer. The internet is fine and working correctly on all other devices. It says there is a problem with the dns server. It's windows 7 and chrome and IE both don't work. Please help, I've been trying to figure this out for ages.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Adware remover used and now I can access the internet.
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 07:02:24 AM »
    You could try by setting the DNS to a static config, leaving your IP to dynamic and gateway to dynamic:

More info at this link for your OS:

https://use.opendns.com/

*I use OpenDNS for my DNS bouncing off of MIT DNS Servers 250 miles away from me.

Also go into command shell and run the following:

IPCONFIG/ALL

and verify that you have an IP, Gateway, and DNS info that looks correct. If you see

or
    169.x.x.x with x being any value

Then your not going to be connected to internet and there is a greater problem. Usually IP's are 192.168.1.x if using the default router config DHCP etc.  And if 192.168.1.x then the gateway IP is usually 192.168.1.1