Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How come my Windows 7 Embedded restarts automatically usually?  (Read 4050 times)

Stan Huang

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    How come my Windows 7 Embedded restarts automatically usually?
    « on: February 23, 2016, 08:56:12 PM »
    I just installed Windows 7 Embedded at my new ECM-QM87. Beside of drivers provided by board vendor, no other SW was installed. Basically this computer looks fine except it usually restarted gracefully every tens of minutes. How come? I checked or unchecked the "Automatically restart" under "Startup and Recovery" page at "Advanced" tab of Propertied of My Computer, the situation is the same. I checked the folder of "Dump file" and found it's empty.

How can I find the cause of its restarting? Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How come my Windows 7 Embedded restarts automatically usually?
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »
    Your ECM-QM87 is a very special single board computer for industrial use. Few here on this forum would have any idea what you did to it.
    Please explain.
    A. What it should do.
    B. What you changed.
    C. Why you need to change at back.

Reference for ECM-QM87 :
    http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_ECM-QM87.htm
    ECM-QM87 3.5” Single Board Computer (SBC) designed based on the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors, codenamed Haswell, and the mobile Intel® QM87 Express chipset architecture featuring high performance, power efficiency, security, reliability and remote management capabilities.
    If you want to circumvent the security features, we can not help you.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How come my Windows 7 Embedded restarts automatically usually?
    « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:45 AM »
    Restart likely = Dip in power possibly a faulty power supply or power source that is not a constant line voltage but has dips OR its a defective board. I doubt thermal overload of CPU because it should thermal throttle if it runs hot with the Intel CPU.