Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GTX 520MX Driver problems on Laptop  (Read 4681 times)

Brian Massumi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    GTX 520MX Driver problems on Laptop
    « on: March 14, 2016, 05:54:32 PM »
    I need clarification on something that happened to me when I tried to install a driver for a GTX 520MX laptop GPU on a Samsung NP300V5A-SO2CA.

I downloaded the driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/99514/en-us

When the driver was installing, my screen went black and froze. I decided to leave it for about 5 minutes to see if it changed anything but it didn't. The screen was still unresponsive. Is this due to a broken GPU inside my computer? The Nvidia video options is gone, Windows cannot even recognize it due to no options being available for it and since the only display option available for me was the dedicated intel graphics and the screen instantly froze when I tried to install Nvidia driver is a broken GPU a possibility? Is there a BIOS setting I forgot to enable? Please help.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: GTX 520MX Driver problems on Laptop
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:07:37 AM »
    Laptop drivers should only come from the laptop manuf. site...

Boot to safemode and remove the nVidia drivers and re-boot...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Shady Cat

Greenhorn

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: GTX 520MX Driver problems on Laptop
    « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 04:17:34 PM »
    I replied to your other post which is now locked. ( i believe you can still read the content though)
    I replied as it being updates in general but this should apply to you sitiation as well.
    also, patio is right. deleting and rebooting should clean up the mess it may have made.
    Time is an illusion