Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remote Admin Options?  (Read 2564 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Remote Admin Options?
« on: March 19, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
Older friend of mine who is not too savy with fixing computer problems when directed over phone would be better off with me remoting into her computer to fix the problem. Problem is that CrossLoop that I use to use for helping people remotely for free is gone as seen at the link below. Anyone know of any software that will work like crossloop that is free and through normal port 80 etc so no router config needed?  Crossloop was great when it existed because you just needed to install the software on 2 computers and then the recipient to get connected was displayed a numeric key. They were able to tell you this key over the phone and then you were able to type in into crossloop on your computer and then they would permit you at their end to remote in in which once this was established you had full control of their computer to remote admin and fix problems.

http://www.crossloop.com/

I talked her through uninstalling and reinstalling a correct game and problem remained. I then talked her through using a system restore point which goes back only to 3/13 and the problem remains at 3/13. I had her then create a different user account which she claims she is logged onto the new user account and still has the problem with appears to initially be corrupt profile data for a game, in which you can uninstall the game and reinstall and problem remains because the appdata game folder still contains the corrupt data so the game references this and malfunctions. The game stores data in the appdata folder of the user profile and I tried to help her to get there and tell her how to show hidden folders so I could manually have her dump the game cache data that is corrupt and she is unable to do this so I suggested that she create a new user account and start fresh. If she created a new user account and logged onto it the problem should be gone but it remains.

I then was going to have her create a system recovery set onto 2 USB thumb drives and then set the system back to factory build after first backing up her personal data to a 3rd thumb drive, but she is lost at this process. Without seeing what she is seeing to direct her or have control myself, she is dead in the water with her laptop.

She lives in a nursing home and doesnt have access to adding a port forward to a router to allow a VNC connection etc, in addition to this being beyond her abilities.

So hoping there is a free or low cost service/software out there that she can download and install and allow for me to remote into her system and fix the problems for her?

Thanks  :-\

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Remote Admin Options?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »
Teamspeak...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:10:08 PM »
Teamspeak...

Presume you mean TeamViewer - Teamspeak is a VoIP system  :P

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
Good presumption...

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
Hey guys thanks for suggesting that... however they want $809 unless there is a free home use version I'm not finding, the cheapest I found was the business edition license. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 07:45:45 PM »
It's definitely free for personal use: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
Cool Thanks  :)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »
Worked perfect!   Remoted in and corrected for the problems and she is all fixed now. Thanks for the help  8)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 05:03:43 AM »
Excellent !