Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi driver is causing system lockup  (Read 4609 times)

deadbird101

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Wi-Fi driver is causing system lockup
    « on: April 04, 2016, 08:11:19 PM »
    Hello there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5298. I installed Windows 7 Home Premium Kama 64-bit comma on it because I was tired of using Windows 8. The install went well and all of the devices are working fine except the Wi-Fi. I have gone to the Toshiba website, and I have used their tool to identify my model by serial number, part number, Etc. For whatever reason comma every time I go to install the Wi-Fi driver, the computer locked up right before the installation finishes. And I can't even get the computer to boot in normal mode after this lock up. I have to go into safe mode, then into device manager, and manually install the driver before the computer will Start Up Normally again. I'm not sure what to do. Right now I am using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to access the internet on this laptop. But I would like to be able to use this laptop without the USB Wi-Fi adapter please any help would be greatly appreciated. I will provide the information for the laptop, and the link where I am getting the drivers from

Product Name: Satellite C55-B
    Serial Number: 7E361388P
    Part Number: PSCMLU-03601M

The only drivers that install/affect my computer are the "Atheros Wireless LAN Driver"

Link to the drivers (that is provided by Toshiba after i enter the serial number into theearch box)

http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=7E361388P

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wi-Fi driver is causing system lockup
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:55:21 PM »
    You said:
    Right now I am using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to access the internet
    The likelihood of Toshiba fixing this issues is very small. You may have to just live with the solution you have found.

The other solution is less desirable. Go back to using Windows 8. Windows 7 is on the way out. You could get third-party thing to make Windows 8 look and feel like 7. But IMO you are better just using the external USB dongle.  :-\

But I am wrong sometimes. Maybe there is a better way.

Riley_Thomas

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:17:44 AM »
      i'll advise you to take it to someone with a proper experience to have it checked,instead of doing it by yourself to avoid causing more complex problems while trying to solve that one
      I find all the domain names i need at http://99sites.me/

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 07:21:37 AM »
      Put a legit copy of Windows on it...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "