Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Secure Boot Image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED*  (Read 5062 times)

LindaD

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Secure Boot Image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED*
    « on: April 14, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »
    Hello, I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me.  Today I opened my laptop and saw a message that read:  Secure Boot   Image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED*  Press any key to continue.

I can enter BIOS w/F1 when I press the power key, but that seems to be the only place I can go, and most of the options are grayed out.  I pressed F11 on startup in an attempt to restore the system, but all I'm able to get is a stationary white cursor line in the upper left corner of a blank screen.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

(Background:  My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, and I was running Windows 8 until the free Windows 10 upgrade came out a few months ago.  I haven't installed anything in a while except Windows and Lenovo updates.  I've had a bit of a heating issue, so eight days ago I replaced the thermal paste.  The machine's been running much cooler, but I've been experiencing random hibernations--usually once every 3 hrs. or so, but occasionally two in 15 min.  A few of those times, I had a message that said something about my battery not being detected, and this happened both when the computer was plugged in and when it wasn't.  It still charged like normal.)

licoriceallsorts

Beginner

• More apple pie please
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Secure Boot Image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED*
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:00:16 PM »
    Hello LindaD, Wow, is there a forum you haven't asked about this? As per previous advice perhaps you should contact Lenovo.