Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Factory restore time  (Read 3048 times)

Angie27

Factory restore time
« on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »
Hi,
            I am currently doing a factory restore on a acer laptop. The "restoring system" part went really quick and smooth. took about 10 mins. the Updating System chugged along nicely but a lot slower. Now it is on 99% and seems to be stuck (been on 99 for nearly an hour). the whole process has taken 1 hour and 48 mins. Is this normal or do I have a bigger problem??? It is my first time doing a factory reset so dont know if this is the norm or not. What do I do now??    Ok its been over an hour that its stuck on 99% now I give up but what happens next if I turn off will I be able to get back on to do anything or do I need to do something now or is all lost                                                                                                                                                                        
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:39:11 PM by Angie27 »

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Factory restore time
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:46:30 AM »
Is the restore media on a USB Stick or Discs, or is it just using the partition with the recovery media on it without USB stick or Discs?

To get hung at 99% could be caused by a corrupt system recovery media, hardware failure such as a ill hard drive, as well as RAM issue, or system board failure.

If you have your recovery media on a USB stick or Discs that is better than if its only on the hard drive to rebuild itself.

What is the model # of the acer laptop?

* I have had hard drives that are ill mainly cause the lock up at an installation or forever display the same percentage but not move onwards. The drive goes to write to a damaged portion of the drive platters or the drive controller has issues after it heats up etc and the drive fails during installation.