Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win 7 doesn't boot up, drives are a raid all of a sudden  (Read 3920 times)

Solarisweapon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Win 7 doesn't boot up, drives are a raid all of a sudden
    « on: April 21, 2016, 06:33:21 AM »
    Good morning everyone, am trying to describe my issue as good as possible, so please bear with me =)

Two days ago, I went into a game of League of Legends, on the swap to the loading screen I alt tabbed which then caused a bluescreen to happen.

It gave me the message: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and asked me to check if I have any new hard- or software with the technical information: ***STOP: 0x0000007A (0x0000000000000020, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009D, 0xFFFFF x0000000000000000) Physical memory dump FAILED with status 0xc0000001.

Over the course of the next 2 days, I've had a few bluescreens with the same message, ran CHKDSK, let it fix something and then had three following popups from Marvell Event Message:

[WARNING] Physical disk 2 is plugged out

[INFO] Physical disk 2 is plugged in

[WARNING] Physical disk 2 is plugged out

A restart solved the issue, windows wanted to do an update which is fine by me, however, when it tried to restart it couldn't boot the OS. A look into the BIOS gave me some insight on what happened: It can still find both my SSD and my HDD, however, all of a sudden they're in a raid. At first, I was able to select the RAID as a boot priority, but later on even that option vanished, leaving me with only the following three as boot options.

Removable Dev.

USB: TDK TF10 (My USB stick with the windows 7 ISO)

ATAPI CD-ROM

My question is the following: Is it the Raid that appeared all of a sudden? Can I somehow undo it? Are my drives damaged? Because they do show up when I start up my PC

I have uploaded the relevant images here http://picsurge.com/g/TNWC9C

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, if you need any additional information feel free to drop me a message here!

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Win 7 doesn't boot up, drives are a raid all of a sudden
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
    Hi

The pictures really helped. First thing is to turn off raid in the storage configuration in the bios page Main It would normally be ACHI . Then set the SSD to be the first boot device. If it still blue screens the please post the error .
    When you get it booting check the antivirus software is up to date and perhaps run a disk health check with HDtune pro. What you did shouldn't have caused the bios to change to raid mode. So am unsure what might have caused the problem.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan