Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Delete Game Data  (Read 4269 times)

Charl99ie

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Delete Game Data
    « on: April 22, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »
    Hi Everybody, first of i want to apologize if my English isn't the best. I really try to stick to it the best i can, but my first language is Spanish (and second German).

I'm not sure if this is even in the right category, but i guess its a good place to start.  My problem are some MMORPGs i uninstalled year's ago. I realized a while ago even though i uninstalled them through Control Panel, they're data are still on my PC. They have been hidden (not really hidden) all this time and have been eating a lot of memory space. The first game called "Age of Conan" has been taken 24 GBs away and the other one called "Aion" 20GBs.

So i wanted to ask how do i delete all of those files? The games do not appear on my Program list and i'm not sure if i just can go on and delete all of the files. My computer is a ACER Aspire X3990 with Windows 7, Intel Core i3 2100.  The game's are under Program Files (x86) (again, they where not really hidden, they are just a product of my laziness of actually checking my programs :b ). In "Age of Conan" what is actually taken away most of the memory space are the RDB files (?) which seem to take away 24,2 GBs alone.  On "Aion" it's more distribute between folder's as Objects (9,9 GBs), Levels (5,4 GBs) and so on. Do i have to extract the RBD files or other data's in some kind of way?

I just want to get all of the data off my Computer.
    Thank you in advance :D I hope that this post is in any kind of way understandable
    And greetings from Germany

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Delete Game Data
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
    If they are gone from add/remove programs in Windows, then they are orphan data and you can simply target the folder and delete them. Aion hides their stuff under NCSoft. Age of Conan I bought way back and it was the worst $50 ever wasted. Tried to unload it onto ebay shortly after buying it but there was a flood of other people unimpressed with the game and they were selling for like $3.00. I simply tossed my AoC game into the trash because $3 wasnt worth the ebay hassle of listing and selling and shipping etc.

I played Aion and love my scout. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and seen how they orphan data on your system.