Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What free programs protect against trojans, rootkits, spyware, etc.?  (Read 2916 times)

yologirl00001

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi. I'm currently using SUPERAntiSpyware for spyware, norton for viruses and malwarebytes for malware. Recently installed superantispyware so I'm not sure if its good, do you recommend it or is there another one better out there?

I need a good anti spyware program unless superantispyware can do the job. Also I need protection for the other smaller things out there like trojans rootkits and who knows what else. For years I've only had norton and malwarebytes but I realized I should have protection for everything
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:08:27 PM by yologirl00001 »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    MalwareBytes and SAS do the same thing. No need to have both installed - stick with Mbam.

yologirl00001

Topic Starter

Rookie

MalwareBytes and SAS do the same thing. No need to have both installed - stick with Mbam.

SAS detected a trojan and malwarebytes didn't

Allan

• Mastermind
      Not very likely that SAS detected a trojan that got past Mbam and Nortan Anti Virus. But if you want to use both SAS and MBAM for on demand scanning that's fine - no harm.

yologirl00001

Topic Starter

Rookie

I have the free version of mbam. What programs for protection do you use

Allan

• Mastermind
        I use Kaspersky Anti Virus always resident, Mbam paid version (but I do NOT run it resident) for occasional on-demand scanning once a month or so, Spyware Blaster (it helps protect against known malicious websites - you have to update it manually every week or two if you use the free version) and WinPatrol (paid version)

Most important however is smart computing - don't visit questionable websites, don't download anything unless you are certain you know what it is and that it is safe (the same with opening email attachments), don't let anyone else use your computer - at least not your admin account or your primary user account, etc.

Verylost

Beginner

I have both S A S and MWB one miss s stuff then the other catchs it; i have both and love them ; i just don t run both at the same time but both are on my computer  :  )