Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downloading Mozilla Firefox to thumb drive  (Read 3777 times)

TCeely

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Downloading Mozilla Firefox to thumb drive
    « on: May 31, 2016, 06:06:15 AM »
    I have a mini laptop that I am trying to set up for my Dad. It had Internet Explorer on it but somehow the program has been damaged and I cannot connect to the internet. I would like to download Mozilla Firefox to a usb thumb drive from my desktop then install it on the mini laptop but when I ask it to download it installs it to the desktop and doesn't give me the option to change to the thumb drive.  Can anyone advise me on how to do this? Or suggest an easier way? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Downloading Mozilla Firefox to thumb drive
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:10:28 AM »
    First of all, IE cannot be damaged as such. If you are having problems with it, post the problems and we'll try to help.

Second, download Firefox from here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#en-US

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:37:12 AM »
    And if you are gonna run it from a thumb drive get it from Here...

I read your Post too quickly...before you DLoad change your browser DLoad destination to the thumb drive before DLoading in Tools/Options...Desktop is probably the default DLoad directory.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:09:29 AM »
    And it's okay to download it to the computer and then transfer it to your usb drive. That way you'll have a copy of the file in both locations.