Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CANON PIXMA MG7520 MISALIGNED GRIDS,LETTERS AND BARCODES  (Read 3879 times)

FAUSTOCG

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    CANON PIXMA MG7520 MISALIGNED GRIDS,LETTERS AND BARCODES
    « on: July 02, 2016, 01:40:33 PM »
    Hi I need your help, I hope you can give me a hand to fix my printer since canon support was not able to. I  removed the printhead from my canon mg7520 to flush it and after I put it back my printer started printing letters, bars and grids wrong I have attached a pdf copy of my printer´s "print nozzles test pattern" so you can see what the problem is. Bellow are the steps I took to remove the print head I know step 5 is the cause because I did a test page before and the letters and grid printed OK.

1.- Dida a print nozzle check pattern (printed 100% clear and sharp but colors where missing/clogged)
    2.- Open the display door of my printer, waited for the printhead/inktanks cart to move to the center
    3.- Removed the ink tanks
    4.- Open the small black door with the white CANON logo
    5.- Hand push the headprint/inktank cart to the right just enough to be able to pull the lock to free the print head.
    6.- Flushed the printhead
    7.- Did al reverse steps to put it back together
    8.- Printed a nozzle check pattern all black and color where back working but letters and grid got fuzzy,distorted, misalligned.
    (Printer was ON all the time all the steps)

Best regards

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: CANON PIXMA MG7520 MISALIGNED GRIDS,LETTERS AND BARCODES
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »
    Have you considered buying a new print head?

Also comma what would it cost to send it back 2 the manufacturer?

As a last resort, what would it cost you to buy replacement printer?

Here is why I am asking you questions. Mini mini printers nowadays or very low-cost and for most people do all the work you could possibly need

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 12:34:24 AM »
    This is a $200 level photo printer. I see the OP also posted on a Canon support forum (later than here) and has already got some sensible-looking advice.

FAUSTOCG

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 10:58:05 PM »
      Have you considered buying a new print head?

Also comma what would it cost to send it back 2 the manufacturer?

As a last resort, what would it cost you to buy replacement printer?

Here is why I am asking you questions. Mini mini printers nowadays or very low-cost and for most people do all the work you could possibly need

The printers (I own 2 MG7520 are almost new only 4 months of use), I have always tried to fix the equipment I own unless it is out of my capabilities,
      if I use my printers warranties I will get refurbished units instead mine are brand new in mint condition but if there is no way to fix them by myself well then
      I will go this route.

Printer heads cost the same or more than a new printer.
      This printers were around the $200.00 dlls range so for home use I dont think are cheap.

I posted in this forum because maybe some one had enough printer repair knowledge to help me fix my printers or at least give a reason or answer why there is no way of fixing them.

Thanks anyway

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 07:01:11 PM »
      Looking over your post I do not understand what your did.
      The manual does not indicate anything that would damage the print head.
      It does not, as far as I r rad, say you would remove anything or open anything to flush the print heads.
      http://www.manuals365.com/swf/canon/mg7500ser_onlinemanual_win_en_v01.html?page=223
      Is the above the manual for your printer?

Sorry, that is not the right site.
      I think this is the right information.
      http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Portal/M/EN/TOP/Top-howto_manual.html

FAUSTOCG

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:38 PM »
        Yes that is the manual, of course I did everything following the manual instructions, but with no results so I took a chance and removed the printhead and flush it, as you can see in  the pdf I attached all colors are back, but now grids and letters are wrong, flushing the head is not in the manual but is something you could do as last option and it almost worked, if it wasnt for the grids and letter that went bad.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 12:23:55 AM »
        Dictation. (Excuse the-typos.)
        At this point I am not able to help you. Over the years I have owned several different kinds of printers, all the way from the old dot matrix printers up to laser printers. At the present time the LaserJet printers are the best bargains around in new printers. They offer scan, printing, copy and fax operations all in one unit. And most of them have wireless support. Still, these printers make terrible mistakes sometimes with paper handling and alignment issues. In some cases it is almost impossible to fix the printer even using the recommendations made by the manufacture. They are made to be very, very low cost and is very difficult to fix anything that breaks. As a general rule, replacing the color cartridges also gives you a new print mechanism. So he put in a new color cartridge you should be getting a new print mechanism built into it. However, I don't really know how the things work. I just do what they say in a manual and either it works or doesn't work. In a few cases you might be able to unclog the printheads by using a solvent or by doing something mechanical. Some of the things I have tried a rather crude and primitive and in a few cases worked. But when it comes right down to it, you just have to have a fresh cartridge to put in the printer. If the print is not looking very good you have to figure out some way to block the have printheads and remove excess excess ink from the mechanism. This usually means using some kind of tissue paper or even toilet paper to try to soak up the loose think. I have had to throw away or stop using some inkjet printers because it just got to the end of their life. The expected last time use of a cheap LaserJet printer is maybe two years. In some cases it might be worthwhile to buy an extended warranty if that is possible. Often times the printers to come with a one-year warranty and if something goes wrong you just have to send your printer in and hoped they will send back the same one do you or a printer that will work just as good. I once had a real laser printer that went bad on me but I had a warranty with it and I made good on the warranty and got a new printer. But eventually even the new laser printer fails on me.
        Or I should say I failed it. I just could not keep affording those very expensive color cartridges that are used on a color laser. So my budget now is dropped down to using ordinary LaserJet printer that usually sells for less than $200. Once in a while you can find a LaserJet printer on sale $150.
        If putting in a brand-new ink cartridge does not resolve the issue, you will have to exercise your warranty options and hope they send you a printer that works good for the rest of the warranty contract.
        More information about how to care for LaserJet printers can be found on other websites. Generally on this site we deal with things are just rather simple and to the point unless it has to do with a software issue.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Laser-Printer
        The above is only for a laser printer. It does not apply at all to the laser-jet printer. With a Laser jet you have to stick to what the company says and use only the software controlled print-head flush.

Depending on where you live, there might be some technicians in your area that are wizards on fixing up LaserJet printers. It just depends on where you live. The minimum wage laws in many areas make it nearly impossible to find a good technician in any of the major cities. But overseas, you can often find Wizard technicians who received a very low wage and are very willing to fix anything. But not so here in the USA and in many parts of Europe.

End of my post.    :)

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:45:10 AM »
        See this thread at Printerknowledge forum where identically named OP is advised (today, round about time of his/her post #5 above) that likely cause of both printer malfunctions is physical damage to print head (third party ink with poor thermal properties causing overheating/distortion) and/or replacing cleaned print head in wet state (damaging logic board) and/or swapping print head to other printer migrating damage to other printer. OP advised to try warranty claim keeping quiet about 3rd party inks, cleaning attempts, head swapping etc!

http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-mg7520-gridlines-letters-and-barcodes-misaligned.10991/

FAUSTOCG

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:07 PM »
          Thank you guys as you have mentioned the printers are not going to get fixed by me so I will have to claim the warranty.

Next time I will go for ink cartridges the includes the printhead like my old HPs (932C,990Cx,1220C) they stil work but cartridges are hard to find and are a slow compare to new printers.

Best regards

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 07:30:05 PM »
          So perhaps this topic may be considered solved. It is not secret that the big companies on making money selling ink.  It is of concern both to home users and commercial users. Here is an article that is found in the Wall Street Journal.
          http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-search-of-a-not-so-terrible-horrible-printer-1427217414
          In Search of a Printer You Won’t Want to Destroy
          I have come to believe that living inside the machine is a tiny demon whose sole purpose is to torture me with paper jams and failed wireless connections. When things are working, it chugs my $50 ink like it’s an open bar. So, yes, I repeatedly think about taking a baseball bat to the possessed plastic contraption.
          You might agree.  8)

FAUSTOCG

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 07:44:32 PM »
            Yes the topic is solved, printers could be more reliable but that will mean shrinking bussiness for printer (or should I say ink) companies.

Thank you all for all your help.