Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalling windows 10 back to 7  (Read 4173 times)

jabba69

Topic Starter

Rookie

Uninstalling windows 10 back to 7
    « on: July 21, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »
    Hello experts,
    Upgraded from 7 to 10. But do not like it. Wish to go back to 7, still within 1st month. I t says nothing should go wrong but it suggests to back up file, I have too many video files to put on my back up drive. restoring to 7 shouldn't affect should it? Do you think its safe to go back to 7. Please advise. Thank you Jabba

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Uninstalling windows 10 back to 7
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »
    When I reverted back to Windows 7 from 10 on my computer, I didnt lose any information and I had a 90GB SSD with only 13GB free. If the videos are important I would suggest buying an external hard drive and backing them up as for right now your single drive if it were to ever fail you would lose that data. External Hard Drives are not that expensive these days. Some stores have 500GB and 1TB drives for less than $50 and $80. I even got a 4TB external for $129.99 on sale.

My advice is that if you dont want to risk losing them, then perform a backup to a new external drive first. Then revert back to 7. Then use the external drive as a backup only use vs connected running all the time and this way you have a backup solution for when your system gets ill someday or becomes retired in favor of a newer system.

jabba69

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:27:20 AM »
      Went back to windows 7 having problems with windows media player 12 it wont scan and find my files I want to uninstall it but is not in add and remove soft ware list how do I uninstall it. I then hope to down load media player 12 from the Microsoft website Thanks in advance Jabba

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 06:22:42 PM »
      It is listed under Windows Features.

Can be found under Program and Features.

Take the check out click OK then put it back in.

You should be able to Download the file and just install it.
      "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

jabba69

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »
        Tried what you suggested still doesn't show up in add and remove programmes. the problem I am having with media player is it wont find any music pictures of videos on my PC Ive checked the library settings Ive tried individual folders and even just let it search the hole C drive to no avail. So hence I wanted to uninstall and start again. But no way of uninstalling. I even tried to delete it from programme files but it wouldn't let me. Any suggestions?

Thanks Jabba.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:57:31 AM »
        If you went back to 7 and your pics/vids were from 10 then they are gone....
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "