Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Insufficient File-size allocation by Windows10.  (Read 4193 times)

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Insufficient File-size allocation by Windows10.
    « on: August 15, 2016, 09:09:19 AM »
    Hello Members!

Apropos of the attached Screenshot, I would like to inquire about the 'Insufficient' file-size allocation by Windows10 towards Virtual memory.

Why is the current allocated size rather LESS to even the Recommended value?

Please help explain this anomaly, & suggest an appropriate Corrective-action.

Inputs are keenly awaited...

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Insufficient File-size allocation by Windows10.
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
    If everything is working fine, why worry about it? 

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 01:16:14 PM »
      Hello strollin!

My overall intention is to "Optimize" my overall experience with Windows10, so Yes indeed things are working fine...but I would really like to transform things for 'Better'!

Secondly, isn't this an 'Inaccurate cognitive ability' on the part of Windows10 to assign a lower value than to a Recommended one?

Can this be construed as a BUG?

Please suggest...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
      A "System Managed" Pagefile is dynamic and changes size based on the demand for Pagefile space. The "recommended" value is the recommended size for a static pagefile, if you were to change the settings from system managed.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
      My overall intention is to "Optimize" my overall experience with Windows10, so Yes indeed things are working fine...but I would really like to transform things for 'Better'!

The world is full of people who love to fiddle with Windows settings, either because they think they know better than the developers at Microsoft, or because they have seen some web sites operated by people who think thay they do. Usually they end up not improving things very much. Virtual memory, MTU, number of processors used at boot, defragmentation, cacheing, etc. Is your system showing signs of poor performance that you can definitely link to poor virtual memory management? If not, leave it alone. A PC is not a sports car. You don't need to 'tune' it.

Secondly, isn't this an 'Inaccurate cognitive ability' on the part of Windows10 to assign a lower value than to a Recommended one?

Your system (at the time you took that screen shot) had allocated 99.08% of the recommended amount of virtual memory. That is not really a "lower value" in any meaningful sense.

Can this be construed as a BUG?

It's not a "bug".

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 02:08:23 AM »
        Hello Salmon Trout!

By any chance I would leave it to what it presently is!

If ever I feel the urge to "Manually" assign the values for Paging file...what should be those?...both 'Minimum' & 'Maximum'?

System Tweak BUG within an Individual's accumen always play predominance over all noble, humble & honest suggestions...you see! :-)