Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.  (Read 3507 times)

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello. I am new here. I know absolutely nothing about computers, so I wasn't even sure where I should post this thread. Please help. I am desperate. Here I will explain what the issue is AND what I tried  to do to fix it. But I failed.

Recently I've had issues with my computer randomly opening a lot of windows on it's own. Yesterday I was away and my computer was on and when I came back I saw about 50 new tabs opened and all almost my computer icons seemed to have disappeared. I assumed it was just some computer mistake because no way everything go deleted on its own. So I restarted it.

When I restarted it, I got the message from the title- "User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be found." I don't wanna take it to a "professional" to get it fixed because I don't trust any people here in my city- whenever I did that, they deleted ALL my files. And I have some EXTREMELY important files in this computer that I wish I had saved on USB, but I haven't, so I definitely can't lose them. I just never thought anything will go wrong with this computer, as it worked pretty much perfectly.

So anyway, I decided to try to fix it on my own, despite that I admittedly know nothing about computers, I read that this issue is fairly easy to fix. So I found tutorials and forums where people say you should press f8 and it will take you to "safe boot" mode. I did this and the first 2 times nothing happened- and third time something did happen, but NOT what they said. I got 2 options with numbers and letters and third option saying "enter setup". Obviously, this was Chinese to me, but I knew it's not supposed to be that way. I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC, so I did.

The next thing that happened was that it opened "ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode" and it had 7 parts- Main, Al Tweaker, Advanced, Monitor, Boot, Tool.

All I knew was that, from what I read, I was supposed to activate "safe boot" in order to access computer properly, but when I clicked under "Boot" I didn't see safe or secure mode anywhere. I don't know what to do.

Please help, as I'm seriously desperate. I will gladly tell you any further info and detail about anything else that I can see on my computer, under any of these options. I just really need this fixed and I'd really appreciate it if anyone was patient enough to tell me what to do step by step.

Thank you so much in advance.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
    You can try to fix with Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up.
    It may take two or three tries to start the safe mode.
    Continue with Safe mode and user the Administrator login.
    Are you able to get into the computer with Safe mode as the Administrator? **

** In this context administrator is the name of a hidden account used in safe mode. Normally you would not have to use this account. It can be used to repair or create user accounts.

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 11:03:17 AM »
      Hello. Thank you for your reply. Like I said, I did that. But when I pressed f8 repeatedly, at first nothing happened, but the all it did was open this thing with 3 options- first two being letters and numbers (obviously that stands for something, I have no idea what)  and third "Enter Setup". I read somewhere that, if that happens, you should press ESC, so I did that.

The next thing that opened was  "ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode" and it had 7 parts- Main, Al Tweaker, Advanced, Monitor, Boot, Tool.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:04:39 AM »
      The fix is not in the BIOS which is where that took you...

What OS is this ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 11:49:06 AM »
        I know it's not where it took me, that's why I am frustrated. :/

It's Windows 7.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »
        Repeated tapping of F8 should get you to safe mode then....start as soon as you power up.

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
          Like I said earlier, I pressed f8 repeatedly, I did this and the first 2 times nothing happened- and third time something did happen, but NOT what they said. I got 2 options with numbers and letters and third option saying "enter setup". Obviously, this was Chinese to me, but I knew it's not supposed to be that way. I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC, so I did.

The next thing that happened was that it opened "ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility.

It shouldn't have taken me there, that;'s why I am frustrated. :/

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:20:35 AM »
            Sorry for the bump. Here's more info...

This is what happens when I repeatedly press f8: http://i.imgur.com/4vq1spdh.jpg
            And this is what happens when i press ESC after that: http://i.imgur.com/kVrAagih.jpg

Sorry, I know the pictures are blurry, my camera is not the best.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 06:26:48 AM »
            P2 is the DVD drive...P4 is your HDD...try selecting P4 then again tapping F8 repeatedly...

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 11:49:56 AM »
              I haven't tried that... Can I save my data that way? It's EXTREMELY important for me not to lose any files.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
              If your data is important then i would pull the HDD...put it in an external enclosure anr hook it up to a working Deskto PC and get your data...

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 12:14:45 PM »
                Sorry, I just saw this. Thank you. I don't know how to do that, so I managed to enter safe mode, but when I type in "regedit" in search like I was told to, it says it can't be found. So frustrating. This is what I got: http://i.imgur.com/n1wTd5zr.jpg And I can't seem to fix it from there.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »
                You shouldn't be using regedit to attempt a fix unless you have already done job #1 which is retrieving your important data...
                Get an external HDD enclosure as suggested above and copy move your data before you lose everything by mucking around...

Confused345

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 01:03:52 PM »
                  Thank you... I am so confused, because another person told me that fixing it using regedit WON'T make me lose my data. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to do what you suggested and whenever I take it to a professional to fix it, they end up losing my data anyway. I am sorry if I sound dumb (I know NOTHING about computers), I am just so frustrated. But thank you so much.

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
                  Get an external enclosure...about 35 - 40 Bucks for a good one...then hook up to a working PC and get all your data...
                  Forget taking it anywhere if you are worried about data loss.
                  Have someone you know assist with showing you how to put it in the enclosure.