Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Transfer a matlab table to CSV file/ Row Limit??  (Read 3310 times)

a_dabch

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Transfer a matlab table to CSV file/ Row Limit??
    « on: October 07, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »

I have a MATLAB table of 8 columns and 246 312 ROWS. I tried to transfer the MATLAB table to CSV in order to be able to use it in STATA cause I have a MAC and the xlwrite or any other function to transfer to an excel file from MATLAB sends an error mess. So i am using the matlab function:
    writetable(A, 'filename.csv', 'Delimiter',' ,' ,'QuoteStrings', true).
    I get a CSV file with all the 8 columns but only a part of the rows, i get 139 521 instead of the 246 312 rows.
    WHY???
    How can i get all the rows in?
    I tried transferring the CSV file to EXCEl to double check if excel was gonna pick it up, but EXCEL too only gets 139 521.
    How can i do to correct that?

Thank you for your help.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Transfer a matlab table to CSV file/ Row Limit??
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
    Your question seems to pertain mainly to MATLAB, not Excel.  For Excel 2016 and Excel 2013, the maximum Worksheet size is 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns. So, it will accommodate a file with 246 312 rows (your file size).  I suggest you seek an answer at http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/?s_tid=gn_mlc