Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot clean install windows 10, getting weird error(s)  (Read 3774 times)

marcLec

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Cannot clean install windows 10, getting weird error(s)
    « on: October 21, 2016, 08:06:49 AM »
    I've "googled" this, error # and message alike. I'm really confuse at what to do...

So got new ssd instead of HDD. I download Windows 10 Education off Microsoft Imagine website: [Concordia University - ECS - Microsoft Imagine Premium][2] which I use the .iso to flash my USB using rufus

And I got the following error if I do automatic install :

> The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the
    > installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts
    > normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade.
    >
    >
    > [Do not select | Custom [advanced]| to perform an upgrade.

Now if I did custom install I get the following error: 0x80070570

So, seeing the first error message, I thought that the computer was trying to UPGRADE my "current" version of windows which would obviously fail seeing that I have a blank SSD SO , I found this: [Download Windows 10][3] which gives you the choice of either upgrading the PC or flashing a USB to use on a different PC.

So  I flashed my USB ( AGAIN) and went on to try to install my computer.

Automatic install: same error as the first one

Custom: 0x800750D or something like that ( I'm at work and can't recall the error but it wasn't the same).

I tried installing W8 Premium and got the SAME error
    Same error trying to install W7

THEN I tried Ubuntu but .... I got to the kernel cause something was up but I'm a total beginner when it comes to linux.