Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor started acting funny. Anybody can help me figure out why?  (Read 2850 times)

2x3i5x

Topic Starter

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
My monitor is V7 d22w12. Older monitor yes, worked fine for long time; it started having the following issue (when I encounter the issue, it's usually after like when I shut of pc, go to bed and the next day want to use computer and boot it for first time of the day. Seems to be happening more frequently then before though I'm not sure):

When the issue is encountered, the monitor power LED light would blink green/orange with screen staying black which happens during the bootup of computer, sometimes I unplug/replug data cable and monitor display comes alive and normal again (maybe have to do that a few times to get it to work), sometimes I unplug power cable then data cable to monitor and finally it comes back alive. Or sometimes I just am in the process of tightening the screws of the data cable to monitor and display picture appears as you'd expect.

But it seems that if I play around a bit, get monitor working again, the issue doesn't happen for rest of the time I use my computer. So when works it appears to be normal and happy and not causing trouble.

What is the blinking LED light trying to tell me? Something really wrong with monitor like some internal components going bad or just a simple fix? Yes, computer itself is perfectly fine.

Hope this makes any sense; don't want to replace monitor if at all possible.

Thank you

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: monitor started acting funny. Anybody can help me figure out why?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:14:54 PM »
A high quality used monitor goes for about $69 plus shipping.
Check locally for a better deal.
There are not easy y fixes for monitors other that replace a fuse.
It might be a mouse built in next in it.
Maybe you can locate a local tech person that will make a deal.
Ask him to sell you a used monitor and give a discount  for the old thing.

Or, take  lessons from Benjamin Franklin. Wrath regard to Business he said:
"Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions."
He also said:
"Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve."
Put another way, Stop wasting time with unreliable things.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: monitor started acting funny. Anybody can help me figure out why?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:03:49 AM »
It is likely an issue internal to the monitor. It sounds like perhaps internal components, such as Capacitors, may have started to fail.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.