Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can an ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 for a TABLET be saved as an USB installer?  (Read 3492 times)

sirgilmour

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Learning is the only way
    • www.maxartwurk.com
  • Experience: Experienced
I have this Teclast Air II x98 Windows 10/android 5.0. I have noticed that only a slight problem can screw the whole windows 10 to have no other way of correcting but formatting the whole tablet then having to reinstall android + windows and around 40 specific drivers manually one by one until its is ready to be used correctly.
I have a titanium backup to restore the android apks with app data, but windows doest allow this, once it has been installed by usb key, the dual boot partition does not recognize another installer and is replaced by a windows icon and thats pretty much it.

So there i am, windows 10 installed the way i like it, with everything looking like windows 7 and the teclast drivers... can a program take all of this and create an windows 10 installer iso that would act exactly like the original installer but with all i added after?

Aside from that the only issue still unresolved would be the front and back camera only working in windows since the drivers are there and working, but android does not detect anything probably since its a custom rom... can anyone convert windows driver into android related tools? or any other ideas?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Please do nothing until other members look this over.
Is this your tablet?

https://www.amazon.com/TECLAST-Screen-Windows-Android-Cherry/dp/B01FMDUCDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485918369&sr=8-1&keywords=teclast+tablet
TECLAST X80 Pro 8" IPS Screen Windows 10 Android 5.1 Cherry Trail Intel Z8300 CPU 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Tablet with HDMI

This is a very novel device. When did you get it? Where did you get it?
If under warranty, the best option is to contact the seller first and then the manufacturer. Some stores are very good with warranty issues adn may olet yu have a replacement right away. Otherwise going back to the maker of the device may take weeks.

I happen to have a tablet made by that company. Mine is just an Android, mothering else. I had no idea they made a dual boot android tablet.
Here is a another reference:
https://techtablets.com/teclast-x98-air-3g/review/
The X98 Air 3G has an Intel Atom quad-core Z3536F that can boost up to 2.16 GHz turbo. Up 300Mhz over the older Z3535F which was used in the previous X98 Model. 2GB of ram on board at 1333Mhz which is a standard affair for this class of cheap tablet. A 32GB eMMC drive capable of 120mbs to 170mbs read and 50-70 write. It depends on which model you get, Teclast is currently using BIWIN, Toshiba and Hynix eMMC 4.5 flash drives in the unit, which one you get is down to luck. It’s often a lottery with these tablets. Edit: As of late most units are shipping with the slower BIWIN eMMC.
That review goes on to mention the dual boot thing.
Originally the Air 3G was only available with Android 4.4.4 since the CPU isn’t an ARM based one and X86 I can run Windows. Teclast allowed users to flash a Windows bios and then Windows 8.1. And as of today, they now have a dual boot, Android, and Windows 8.1 model that ships with the OS or OS’s installed from the factory so no messing about with risky flashing.

My first Air 3G I got my hands on came with Android 4.4.4 with a Teclast launcher, broken Play Store, and Chinese bloatware. The experience wasn’t a good one, that is until I got root, removed the bloatware, fixed the Play Store and install Nova launcher. Even so, I didn’t enjoy Android on this device so as soon as I could I flashed over to Windows 8.1, a much better experience in my opinion
So he had an early model Windows 8.1 and now you have a newer Windows 10 model. Wish I had one.  :)

Hang on. I am sure somebody here will have some ideas you might try.
And I will do some research and be back tomorrow if I learn anything.