Open HijackThis and select Do a system scan only
Place a check mark next to the following entries: (if there)- O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kamsoft] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo.exeImportant:
Close all windows except for HijackThis and then click Fix checked
----------Note: the below instructions were created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, DO NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system
Go to Start > Run
and type notepad.exe
then click OK
Copy the text in the Code box below and paste it into Notepad.
In Notepad go to File > Save as...
Next to File name:
Use the dropdown box next to Save as type:
and select All files
. Save it to the Desktop.
There should now be a file on the Desktop that looks like this
Double-click fixme.reg it and allow it to merge with the Registry
You may not see anything happen but give it a few seconds or so to finish.
Now delete the fixme.reg file from the Desktop.
by AndyManchesta and save it to your desktop.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights
- Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
- (this is the drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix).
- DO NOT use it just yet.
Reboot your computer in Safe Mode
using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Open the SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat
to start the script.
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
- Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
- When the PC restarts, the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
- Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply.