Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Unable or Fail to Remember or Save Folder Types/Views Setting Error FIX  (Read 8562 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Finally!
Looking for something else, I accidentally stumbled upon this registry fix, which seems to be working perfectly.
It looks like finally my Vista is remembering view settings, I want to have very same for every single folder.

Description: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/08/fix-vista-unable-or-fail-to-remember-or-save-folder-typesviews-setting-error-by-increasing-bagmru-cache-memory-size/

Since this is registry fix, make sure, you create Restore Point, before doing anything.

The link to download registry fix requires signing up to another forum, so I simply attached it here,

Good luck!

[Saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Thanx for saving me from jumpin thru the hoops ! !
Nice find........or is the Vista bomb you have planned for me ? ?

;D                 ;D
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
I told you I'll get you with something catchy. The above script installs silently GOOGLE CHROME on your computer, so I'm now enjoying YOUR bank account ;D ;D

Now seriously...the above is obviously a joke. I had to say it, so it won't scare other by passers.

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
Anyway, something bad happened to my computer today, and obviously, my first thought was the above script, which I installed yesterday.
(BTW, it works brilliantly - this is about one of those little things, which was driving me crazy, and as I always say, won't be fixed by M$ in my life time).
So, I just started burning CD, and all of sudden CDBurnerXP stops with an error about incorrect disk in my drive.
Bad disk, I think. I took another one. Computer won't even recognize it. Vista spits it out: "Insert disk", it says.
What the heck?
Windows Explorer sees drive, as well, as Disk Management, but computer won't recognize any kind of CD, or DVD.
My first thought - the above script messed something up. But wait, I installed script yesterday, used drive whole last night, and today. It can't be.
Today, I installed some Avery label maker, so I got rid of it. No help.
Uninstalled/reinstalled drive. No help.
Uninstalled/reinstalled ATA Chennels. No help.
Grabbed ERUNT.
I went back to this morning. Nothing.
Yesterday. Nothing.

Obviously, the drive went south, but I didn't want to admit it, because it was only 1 year old. It can't be. Apparently, it can.
Trip to the store to get a new one.
On my way, I started recalling little things, which should have told me, that something was going wrong with the drive.
1. Autoplay stopped working. I fixed it through registry hack, and forgot about it.
2. For some time, it stopped reading disks burned by itself. It read any other CD, or DVD, but not recently burned. Those were read fine in standalone players.
3. Ripping, and burning was taking more, and more time.

I wrote all the above, just so it may help someone else in the future.

In any case, I got new LG DVD burner with all possible options for $50.