Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: server erron in application. ASP.net  (Read 4049 times)

Vikram Varaprasad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    server erron in application. ASP.net
    « on: March 07, 2010, 12:57:11 AM »
    I  encountered an error while running my application. The error is indicationg that

Server error in '/KLU' Application

HTTP error 403 - Forbidden
    Version information :ASP.net development server 9.0.0.0

I'm creating a ftp website named "KLU" in asp.net . I created a default page and provided link to another web page that exist in the directory "App_Data". Whenever clicking on the link it is showing the above message. The directory structure is attached. The links to the pages in the current directory are appearing well in the browser.

Provide me the solution that i can access the web page located in the directory.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]
    Vikram...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: server erron in application. ASP.net
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
    change the permissions to the folder.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Vikram Varaprasad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: server error in application. ASP.net
      « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »
      It's not a normal folder that a user creates. It's the folder created by the ASP.net when we are creating the project.

I checked the permissions, and i even shared the folder also. But it doesn't  work. The problem only persists with that folder only. I created another folder and put the contents in it, and i accessed those contents.

So it's folder created by the asp.net development server, and it should provide the authentication to that folder.
      So i need that particular access solution. I tried the internet but can't get the perfect solution......

Any one who knows server side programming well can help me.....................

Thank you.
      Vikram...