Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Choppy/laggy when I drag windows on my laptop?  (Read 4951 times)

Heinstar

Topic Starter

Rookie

Choppy/laggy when I drag windows on my laptop?
    « on: April 17, 2010, 08:40:21 PM »
    Hi, I just bought a new hard drive for my NEC Lavie LL750/B laptop which I bought in 2002 in japan because my other hard drive died. I installed WinXp onto my new hard drive but I encountered a new problem. The sound is not working and whenever I drag any windows or scroll a website, it gets choppy/laggy. I noticed that in my device manager there's question marks on some devices but I don't think they are related to GPU or soundcard. I don't think the updating works either in device manager because it keeps saying windows can't find the software. How can I fix this problem?

Here's the pics of my device manager: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47191044@N06/

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Choppy/laggy when I drag windows on my laptop?
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
    You need to DLoad and install your MBoard chipset drivers...
    Re-boot afterwards.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mat123

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
    then install your sound and video drivers.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:46:08 AM »
    Right. Let's do this all in one post just to consolidate: Download and install ALL drivers for your system (sound, video, nic, etc) starting with the chipset driver.

Heinstar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »
      Thanks for the reply guys well my laptop has intel cpu and I went to the japanese NEC website http://121ware but they only had softwares and applications and I tried all their programs on my laptop. I need to use windows because I want windows software on it. The laptop originally came with the xp os and everything was working fine until the hard drive died and I had to replace it. The laptop probably came with a driver cd but I am still looking for it online and in my house.
      « Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:11:42 AM by Heinstar »

mat123

Hopeful

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »
      since you cant find the drivers of the manufactures web site. download Everest when  done installing it should open up by itself if not go to

start, all programs, Lavalys,the yet another folder the click on the icon with a  green exclamation mark.

once it opens up click on report, next on the pop up,system summary,next and plain txt,save yo file then attach