Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My task bar has disappeared?!  (Read 10317 times)

GainingBananas

My task bar has disappeared?!
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:16:55 AM »
Right. The task bar at the bottom of the screen. It's gone! The story is:

Last night my laptop's battery was REALLY low so I shut it down, but it hadn't closed a program yet so it went weird, as they do when they're confused.
As it turns out, the battery ran out before it could shut down properly.
Today I logged on as usual, password, enter, oh look what happened last night, and I opened Google Chrome as I usually do.
My task bar disappeared, and after moving Chrome around a bit I realised that the window was covering it (this was when I dragged the window to the top for full screen, it opened in a little window) and it is NOT on F11 full screen.
So yeah, the task bar kept going away. I left it like that thinking "It will sort itself out, it knows it isn't usually like that" but it hasn't sorted itself out, and now it's disappeared completely. When I minimise Google Chrome, the window goes into a small rectangular box in the bottom left corner of the screen, and it's locked there until I drag it away.
So yeah, my task bar has gone completely, I've tried pressing the Windows button on my keyboard but it's not working! It just doesn't do anything!

Any suggestions?! I miss my task bar :( Sorry that was kinda long...

Radiation G0D

Rookie

• http://felectronix.com/index.html
    • Felectronix
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: My task bar has disappeared?!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:57:05 AM »
Well, I can't really sort out if it just dissapears when you ues a program or if it is really dissapearing?

1st option:
If the task bar just goes away when you are running a program:
enter control panel=>startmenu=>Always show on top.

2nd option:
if the taskbar is completly gone:
press CTRL+ALT+DEL => taskmanager => (in the first dropdownmenu) run=> explorer.exe

Hope it helps!
The answer is just a Google away.

aussie11

Beginner
    Re: My task bar has disappeared?!
    « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »
    Hi.
    Right click anywhere on desktop select personalize, click taskbar and start menu (bottom left) have a look at the settings.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]