Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless not working...  (Read 4324 times)

kathyljs

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Wireless not working...
    « on: September 20, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »
    I have a wireless connection. My computer is connecting to the router but Windows does not work.  When I click on diagnose connection problems I go through the process of diagnostics, it gives this message.  Windows cannot troubleshoot your network connection because an error has occurred. Please try again.  When I check the connection, under activity  it shows 157 Packets sent, 0 received. Please help!!??

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Wireless not working...
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:06 PM »
    My computer is connecting to the router but Windows does not work.

This is quite a paradox... ;D

Does your internet connection work with a direct wired connection to the router?
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

kathyljs

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:47:33 PM »
       :( I haven't tried that yet.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »
      What do you mean Windows does not work? Post information to your computer brand/model ,ISP modem and router.

kathyljs

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
        The computer is connecting to the internet because it shows that it is and there is excellent connection.
        But when I click on internet, a message comes up that Internet Exloer cannot display the webpage.  I clicked on dianose connection problems.
        It shows Windows cannot troubleshoot your network connection because an error has occurred. Pleas try again.
        Upon viewing dianostic log, first up is Gateway in red, last few sentences in that area are as follows
        Automate repair: reset network connection .
        Disabling the network adapter
        Failed while disabling the network adapter
        Failed with Error 0x800F020D:  The class installer registry entry is invalid
        Then the last box has HTTP<HTTPS< FTP connectivity  (in red)
        Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: the server name or address could not be resolved.
        etc.

Computer info.
        Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
        Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 260
        OS Manufacturer  Microsoft Corporation
        Dell Inspiron 6000
        System type  X86-based PC

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »
        Okay. That means you have a driver issue with your WiFi card; deducing this from
        Disabling the network adapter
        Failed while disabling the network adapter
        Failed with Error 0x800F020D:  The class installer registry entry is invalid
        I would first go into Device Manager (Start->Run->devmgmt.msc) to uninstall the driver for your WiFi card, like this:

If you have any client software that you use to manage your WiFi connection (i.e. Atheros Client, Intel WiFi Link Client, etc.) please uninstall that also. Then reboot Windows. After rebooting Windows, download and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. You can download the drivers from another computer and copy them onto a flash drive, then install the drivers from the flash drive. Have you tried if a direct wired connection to the router works?

If you know your way around computers and are willing to tweak with the registry then you might want to give the link below a shot:
        http://forums.techguy.org/networking/581692-repairing-network-adapter-matter.html?1318524817
        In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
        Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

kathyljs

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
          Well, I did that. And that didn't work.
          So I ended up going to some one who works on computers, my brother.  I was hoping I could find out the problem myself.
          Thing is, some how some one put in a static IP address. Therefore my computer would not connect to windows...

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »
          That makes no sense if the connection was rebuilt properly.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "