Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help: Recent Build, HDMI Connection to LG-TV, No Audio  (Read 8555 times)

McGear

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Help: Recent Build, HDMI Connection to LG-TV, No Audio
    « on: September 12, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
    Hi there,

Need a little help getting my LG-TV to play audio from my recent desktop build.

I've gone into the control panel, manage audio devices, and set the LG TV-1 as the default device. It shows up, didn't have to check for disabled devices, etc. And when I test it, the bar next to the LG TV-1 output does light up like audio is going through the HDMI cable, but I'm not getting any sound out of the TV. So it's acting like it should be working, but isn't.

The TV is a an LG 32LG70 model. I have an Asus motherboard and an Asus Geforce 760 GTX video card. I'm running the HDMI connection from the video card to the TV. Again, everything works fine except the audio out of the TV. I do get audio from the desktop when I plug in headphones. Haven't tried plugging in speaker to the mobo yet because I have to dig those out of storage and was hoping I could just use the TV instead.

Drivers should all be up to date, as I've recently updated everything. Also, only using Windows 8, not 8.1.

Would really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks again.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Help: Recent Build, HDMI Connection to LG-TV, No Audio
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
    Drivers should all be up to date, as I've recently updated everything. Also, only using Windows 8, not 8.1.

There is a HDMI Audio Driver for this card through nVidia. I'd verify you have latest driver. As referenced here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/350326-28-sound-issue-hdmi-output-nvidia-audio-driver

Thinking your card may be using a driver that doesnt have the audio driver portion to it maybe. Just a guess. If you have another device that can take a HDMI input to test audio, I'd try that out too to rule out TV issue. I also heard something a long time ago about some HDMI cables being problematic for use with both Audio/Video/Remote Control Data streams. Looking on google trying to dig up info on that, but if you have a HDMI cable to try in place of this you can try that too.

This below is not windows 8, but windows 7 with similar issue and they found issue which may be same with your win 8 machine config.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-637759-no-sound-on-lcd-tv-with-hdmi-cable-windows-7