Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ox000003eb  (Read 4799 times)

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

Ox000003eb
    « on: February 04, 2014, 03:57:46 AM »
    Hi got a tuffy problem here and so far nothing has fixed it so posting here fingers crossed for a fix finally.

Using win7 HP - 64 bit / 6 gigs of ram and a canon printer model MG 3520.    And Asus U 57 A  laptop,

When i try to install the drive and yes from the cd and from the web site; i get 90 percent done then get this error which i found out is an MS not canon error which so far MS refuses to offer a fix; getting " Operation could not be completed error 0x000003eb so my printer can t be used yet; when i try to click on print in the dialog box the print is greyed out; the i check printers and devices and theirs nooo printer their as it should be.

My virus scanner finds nothing; malware bytes and superantisryware find nothing; tryed and clean reboot 3x and nothing ; windows installer; print spooler and printer are all on; set on automatic and are running; then used reg.exe and made use that was clean of all printers i hads before canon.

What very weird is that luckly i have a 2nd lap top and printer works fine; normal no problem; so that begs the question whats going wrong with the 2nd laptop thats not going wrong with the 1st and how do i compare the two laps so i might list what on both lap tops then guessing whats ever on lap 2 but not lap 1 i maybe should delete hoping my printer then runs ?

Thinking that the system log as the ongoing error posted and that would be a huge help but not sure where that would and what would i be look for.

So what have i missed; keep missing in order to finally get the printer to print on the Asus ? ? ?

Hoping somebody has a fix for this number error; because they are run into before; hopefully i am not the only one with this printer MS
    number block; i am awaiting help ; a fix that works after going crazy trying to solve it myself for over 2 months;  H E L P ! ! !

Thanks a bunch; waiting . .

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Ox000003eb
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
    Some questions:

Are both laptops running Windows 7 64-bit so we are comparing 2 exactly like computers OS wise?

Have you run memtest86 on this troubled laptop to make sure that the RAM is working flawless?

Have you saved your important data to external storage device and performed a factory install to this troubled laptop to bring it back to the way that it was when you purchased it new, then installed driver prior to connecting the printer?

** My thoughts are that you have corruption on this laptop that is causing this, a memory stick acting up, -or- you have 2 laptops and one of them with a different OS and works with this printer and the other is Win 7 64-bit and its an issue with this driver and Windows 7 64-bit.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Ox000003eb
    « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »
    Uninstall all the printer software from ADD/Remove...
    Go to device manger and right clik the printer and select uninstall...
    Unplug the printer from the laptop.
    Re-boot.
    Run the printer software install app...wait til it tells you to connect the printer...
    You should be good to go after that.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "