Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't connect to internet.  (Read 2842 times)

bonanzaridder

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Can't connect to internet.
    « on: April 13, 2014, 02:33:16 PM »
    Hi,

So to start with i was away from home for about 24 hours to go home and stay with my parents. Ive got a desktop with Vista Business and a laptop with Windows 7.
    Before i went back to my parents house everyhing was running smoothly and no problems. But when i got home today i cant connect to the internet on either my desktop or my laptop. When i was at my parents house i used my laptop on their network with no problems. But anyway, first thing i do is to call my internet provider, and they got me to ping a server using the cmd which worked so they said that the problem was not with the connection. And when i look at my connections it does say that i am connected to the internet. I have tried all of my browsers aswell, Chrome, IE and Firefox. So the next thing i did was to see if i could find some help on the internet and ive got hold of a very helpful guy that tried everything, we tried to to netch i think it was called and we tried to flush the DNS (i have no idea what it is) aswell as restarting the router. I have a wireless connection, but while i was getting help he told me to connect the laptop with a cabel but it still didnt help.

Really hope someone can help me because i have no idea what to do  ???

jormeno

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Can't connect to internet.
      « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 06:28:26 AM »
      Hello,

Sorry to hear this issue. one thing you can try is go to start > run > type in the run box cmd and the command prompt will open. Next type the following ipconfig /release and hit enter, and once that is completed hit the up arrow once and that will bring up your last command and replace release with renew and hit enter. So in total it should be

ipconfig /release
      ipconfig /renew

Let me know if this works.
      You won't know unless you try.

hwrddrn

Rookie
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Can't connect to internet.
      « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »