Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games lag after a while  (Read 7741 times)

aryoseno11

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Games lag after a while
    « on: May 30, 2014, 12:26:04 AM »
    Hi all, so I have an issue here, games lag after a while in my GTX 480 previously, and also resolution cant go up to 1280x720. Now, I use my gt 430, I have a game called GTA 4. it's running ok and the screen resolution goes to 1360x768, but when i turn it up, the resolution goes to 1280x720, yet the text looks smaller. Anyways, GTA IV runs ok but after 30 minutes, the game stutters. I still don't get how the PC possibly bottlenecks somewhat by itself, maybe....  My specs: Intel core i7, GT 430, 8 GB RAM, h61m-p35 (ms-7680), Power up ATX 650w.
    Thanks.

-Aryoseno11

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Games lag after a while
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »
    Even though this is almost a month old... going to answer to this one...

The GT430 is far weaker than the GTX480. I have the GT430 in one of my systems and its a $40 video card which is ok, but not a GTX480, the one I have has a thin heatsink and small cooling fan and has run pretty hot, so I had to add more airflow  to the heatsink/fan of the GPU and now it runs at around 57C when gaming and 32C idle.

negkbm

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:31:03 AM »
      Even though this is almost a month old... going to answer to this one...

The GT430 is far weaker than the GTX480. I have the GT430 in one of my systems and its a $40 video card which is ok, but not a GTX480, the one I have has a thin heatsink and small cooling fan and has run pretty hot, so I had to add more airflow  to the heatsink/fan of the GPU and now it runs at around 57C when gaming and 32C idle.

Yeah...i was thinking why would you use the gt when you have gtx480. I have a gtx460 and GTA IV runs fine without any of the issue you are experiencing. The 480 is a high end card in its class so you should use that

ksonic305

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
        I have the same problem, my GTX 480 which is supposed to be a far superior card lags in Windows 8 games, particularly asphalt 8, which has just basic graphics and my ATi 4850 which is a much cheaper card runs them smoothly and flawlessly. Feels like I just wasted all this money on a GTX 480. Help anyone.

cleutz

• Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
          I have the same issue im playing warlords of draenor and aion, just at this two games, when i play minecraft or runescape is fine 

jackosborn

Starter
            « Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »
            You should absolutely be using 64bit windows 7. Reinstall that. You can use the same licence code for 32 and 64bit. Also check if you have a memory leak. Once it starts to lag, open up task manager and see how much RAM is being utilized. Run MemTest86+ for 24 hours and see if your RAM faults. Last, don't forget to update your driver.

;)
            CounterStrike junkie and proud!!! ;)

JoeKkerr

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 05:22:11 AM »
              GTA IV is a PORT for PC , also called as "The worst PC port ever"

Its a console game which is poorly optimized for PC , no matter how good GPU you have , it will run badly
              btw gt430 in comparison to 480 is like rey mysterio vs big show

I hve 660ti & still it stuttered so i uninstalled
              note :- Lag & stutter are different
              Some people like my advice so much that they frame it on wall instead of using it !

boyjo1

• Experience: Familiar
                « Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 05:35:49 AM »