Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: UNABLE TO LINK OLDER LAPTOP TO HOME NETWORK SINCE I GOT NEW ROUTER  (Read 3130 times)

Svkatt

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I have been trying to link my older Compaq Presario c300 to my home network. I have a high speed router from Time Warner and the new router is a Belkin n300. I had to use my phone to set it up. Internet only works on my Nook on it now) and my phone. I need the laptop to conect because it's the only thing I can print from. In the list of networks, I see my router and it says connected, but the computer symbol on the bottom left says its not. I tried that cmd command, didnt work...thanks

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: UNABLE TO LINK OLDER LAPTOP TO HOME NETWORK SINCE I GOT NEW ROUTER
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »
    I see my router and it says connected, but the computer symbol on the bottom left says its not.
    The computer symbol by system notification tray means its a wired connection. Can you remove wired and then connect manually from wireless home SSID and see if it connects without errors?

Svkatt

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
      No, I can't connect at all. With the old router, I was able to roam around my house with no connection problems and connect to my printer as needed. This router is giving me headaches....Thanks, I need this thing to work, I have legal documents to access and print.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:36:26 AM »
      Did you try disabling security settings first? Can you post the ipconfig/all output?