Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NO USB Flash Drive or CD... Ubuntu Desktop? Installed just now and I am at a...  (Read 2346 times)

RedDos7665

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Just got done installing Ubuntu Desktop version I think it's called needless to say I don't have any idea how to make it a dual boot situation now I clicked on Wubi installer and it seemingly did as now I can see it in the Files part of my windows system files it's where the disk drive would have shown up I don't believe it took that drove over but I don't care I just don't have a cd or USB flash drive and the other night I had an issue with a "friend" as he screwed up my new laptop and ask my USB and computer drives but alot of work later I combated the virus for the most part I just need a good is easy like I heart Ubuntu to be so o can test apps and programs to help with my PC's security... Thanks and I hope this makes sense I essentially just need to know after installing and opening the Ubuntu.iso file and it installed seemingly with no partition as I have a choice to add that I'm not sure what to do all the tutorials and what not are about using a CD like I assume a disk and or a USB flash drive I don't have either.

Hopefully it makes sense... I tried. This is my first post what does anyone expect LOL. JK...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Many here are willing to help.
    But this is not a chat. We only work with detailed information
    It sounds like you need to chat with Ubuntu u users.
    You can start here:
    http://community.ubuntu.com/

If yu boot Ubuntu in the 'Live'  mode, it does not take and hard drive space. It rums in memory. There you  can resize the petition and create a new one for Ubuntu. This does not destroy Windows, but it will zap the boot loader. So you later have to 'repair' the windows boot loader.
    Get on an Ubuntu chat and ask others how they did it.